BOS Showcase: 2007 Major Works (1 Viewer)

princy

HSC
WTF! I am glad you like it :D I have started reading yours, I am enjoying it so far, I will let you know what i think when I am done.

I was the same though, I was never very good at writing good stories but at the beginning of year 12 I had Ext Hist and Society, so doing three analytical major works would have killed me.

123erykb

HSC
Hi guys,

heres my major work,

Medium: Video
Title : Victim

any feedback would be great,

thanks alot.

sumonespecial

HSC
wow this thread is really good!
im gunna try and attatch my majorwork to this post and fingers crossed ull all be able to read it!!!! Its called "THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE CONTEXTUALLY UGLY" and its all about how our fears shape our perceptions of the monstrous!!..... but omg i am soooooooooooo glad extension 2 is over!!!!!! for me it was the closest thing to hell in the form of a lesson that i have ever experienced and i take 2 sciences!!!! nehoo.... have a read and let me know what u think!!! i really need some positive feedback as mine seems so shit in comparision to my classmates!!!...but plz dont tell me if i have typos cos i dead set think i will cry lol!!!!

Thanx:)

daniel592

HSC
himmy6996 said:
Thanks for the comments mate, still feel like its a risk and so on but glad you had a good reaction.

I read yours to the end even though I am busy because its BRILLIANT!! Love the chaotic world and you have a very advanced writing style, I wish I could write creative like that I usually go over the top wit adjectives and stuff but yours was perfect. Danny and Sophia have a really tangible fragile relationship Ilove it.

+++ Your use of intertexts was great, I really like a lot of the music you were using and Jeff Buckley was a classy element, particularly the theme of Grace. Hopefully you get as positive feedback from everyone else, well done man.
Cheers mate

kewlu

Banned
HSC
sumonespecial said:
wow this thread is really good!
im gunna try and attatch my majorwork to this post and fingers crossed ull all be able to read it!!!! Its called "THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE CONTEXTUALLY UGLY" and its all about how our fears shape our perceptions of the monstrous!!..... but omg i am soooooooooooo glad extension 2 is over!!!!!! for me it was the closest thing to hell in the form of a lesson that i have ever experienced and i take 2 sciences!!!! nehoo.... have a read and let me know what u think!!! i really need some positive feedback as mine seems so shit in comparision to my classmates!!!...but plz dont tell me if i have typos cos i dead set think i will cry lol!!!!

Thanx:)
Hooray! More Criticals!

I look forward to reading this. :)

EDIT: Love your thesis, I'll finish reading this soon.

Last edited:

historykidd

HSC
kewlu said:
Here's a thread for every 2007 English Extension 2 Student to post their Major Works and Reflection Statements for all to read.

Well done on completing the course gaiz. :):)

For those of you who don't know how to post their Major Works here, you can attach a file to your post, or you can upload it to a file sharing site such as Mediafire. When posting, please also state the name and medium of your work, and keep all criticism to minimum - only positive stuff guys.

Major Works Submitted so far:

Me: "Method or Madness? A Deconstruction of Black Metal Through Lyrical Interpretation" - Critical Response.

jimmayyy: "City of Dreams" - Short Story.

starrysky:"Walls" - Short Story.

holden4ever89:"Neutral" - Poetry.

RiCkiE:"He's Leaving Home" - Short Story.

arwin90:"Litchi" - Short Story.

ChicShit:"The Anatomy Of Madness" - Short Story.

Cutie Pie (I mean Nichole):"Daniel Rooke's Last Novel" - Short Story.

princy:"Do Ants Have Feelings?" - Short Story.
On Mediafire.

lm4eb:"The Glass Jar" - Short Story.

faceface:"Of Blood" - Short Story.

cadylayne:"Lessons In Being" - Script.

greycats:"Over the Hill" - Short Story.

Amez...:"Beneath An Endless Canopy" - Poetry.

himmy6996:"The Art Of Communication" - Critical Response.

daniel592:"Expectations From A Distance" - Short Story.

WTF!bbq:"Pinecones and Apple Orchards" - Short Story.

123erykb:"Victim" - Video.

samiblonde:"Heavenly Little Dark" - Short Story.
I've only read the critical responses thus far and i'm going to be blunt.

Kewlu I thought your subject area was very interesting and potenially a good topic but I thought it could've been done better and made more interesting. It seemed resonably mundane for mine and without a strong purpose.

Conversely, upon first inspection of himmy6996's work I thought I was in for post-modern wankery. But after reading it I thought it very interesting with an original concept that was expressed coherently throughout the work. I didn't have any major qualms with it.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
historykidd said:
I've only read the critical responses thus far and i'm going to be blunt.

Kewlu I thought your subject area was very interesting and potenially a good topic but I thought it could've been done better and made more interesting. It seemed resonably mundane for mine and without a strong purpose.

Conversely, upon first inspection of himmy6996's work I thought I was in for post-modern wankery. But after reading it I thought it very interesting with an original concept that was expressed coherently throughout the work. I didn't have any major qualms with it.
Thanks for your comment, although it does say to keep the stuff positive in the main post. A sentiment endorsed by the Mods.

But your viewpoint is appreciated - It's nice to have something other than positive comments.

Last edited:

sumonespecial

HSC
kewlu said:
Hooray! More Criticals!

I look forward to reading this. :)

EDIT: Love your thesis, I'll finish reading this soon.
hahaha thanx kewlu... i liked my thesis too.... my english teacher hated it all year tho, which im sure has alot to do with my general non-enjoyment of the course!!!! no matter what i changed she only ever had negative things to say!! every other teacher i showed it too liked it but there was just no convincing my ext 2 teacher!!! oh well! lol :D

kewlu

Banned
HSC
sumonespecial said:
hahaha thanx kewlu... i liked my thesis too.... my english teacher hated it all year tho, which im sure has alot to do with my general non-enjoyment of the course!!!! no matter what i changed she only ever had negative things to say!! every other teacher i showed it too liked it but there was just no convincing my ext 2 teacher!!! oh well! lol :D
Hahahahaha, when you get a good mark, you can throw it back at her. :)

ChicShit

HSC
kewlu said:
ChicShit: I really liked your story. I love your use of language, and the poetic theme that runs throughout. The story in itself is great, I really like the parallel plots meeting as one in the end: I had that idea myself when I was originally doing a Short Story. Your narrative voice is engaging and I didn't take my eyes off the piece until the end.

Congratulations; you did a great job.
Thanks Kewlu :shy:
I'm yet to read yours, planning to do so tonight after I clean my abomination of a bedroom. I'm keen to have a look at it after all the ...eh...intresting feedback you've recieved! hehe

kewlu

Banned
HSC
ChicShit said:
Thanks Kewlu :shy:
I'm yet to read yours, planning to do so tonight after I clean my abomination of a bedroom. I'm keen to have a look at it after all the ...eh...intresting feedback you've recieved! hehe
Hahahahaha. No worries. Loved your character names too. For some reason, I love good character names.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
After such a bad review I'll have to take a look at it now..

Anyone want to list which other ones haven't been commented on yet? I'm too lazy to look, but i'll try ot look over the neglected ones if someone points me in the right direction.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
greycats said:
After such a bad review I'll have to take a look at it now..

Anyone want to list which other ones haven't been commented on yet? I'm too lazy to look, but i'll try ot look over the neglected ones if someone points me in the right direction.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

jimmayyy

HSC
bento said:
I mean it sounds like a narrator is talking about what he's experiencing because the narrative voice is philosophical and articulate...for instance, if you were on LSD everything would be a blur of significance to you but you wouldn't be able to express it with definite metaphors and similes and personification.

Sorry Jimmayy if I sound critical, I'm not trying to be lol. I think its just because you've written in such an interesting way that it can be interpreted differently by different people. By the way, I knew you were influenced by Fear and Loathing, its so awesome! have you seen the movie?
Also, how come you didnt use an current or ex-acid user for a mentor? that would have been interesting...

Great work anyhow! I love the part about the doors being bastards, its so funny.
hey man, always good to hear feedback don't worry about sounding critical at all.

all i can say to clarify without being too explicit is: most of the stuff i wrote about regarding the trip is extremely "authentic". i suppose you just have to take my word for it haha. first person narration allowed me to portray the how fragmented and haphazard your thought pattern becomes when the tab really hits you. if you move around or try to think really quickly when your high on it, your brain starts to go crazy; all colours and shapes and pace and thats where the stream of conciousness style parts came from. however, if you stop and slow down and calm yourself, everything goes mellow and smooth and thats where the metaphors etc come in. i think using first person locates a responder on a much more personal level. i tried to write in third person but it was dry and stale, not at all engaging. i didn't feel it was accurate in portraying his frame of mind as much as expression thought directly as first person was.

thanks heaps for the feedback - and for making me justify my choices haha. keeps me honest.

cheers

kewlu

Banned
HSC
jimmayyy said:
hey man, always good to hear feedback don't worry about sounding critical at all.

all i can say to clarify without being too explicit is: most of the stuff i wrote about regarding the trip is extremely "authentic". i suppose you just have to take my word for it haha. first person narration allowed me to portray the how fragmented and haphazard your thought pattern becomes when the tab really hits you. if you move around or try to think really quickly when your high on it, your brain starts to go crazy; all colours and shapes and pace and thats where the stream of conciousness style parts came from. however, if you stop and slow down and calm yourself, everything goes mellow and smooth and thats where the metaphors etc come in. i think using first person locates a responder on a much more personal level. i tried to write in third person but it was dry and stale, not at all engaging. i didn't feel it was accurate in portraying his frame of mind as much as expression thought directly as first person was.

thanks heaps for the feedback - and for making me justify my choices haha. keeps me honest.

cheers
Someone's been on acid. :p

himmy6996

HSC
thanks for that... when i first read antin i thought it was postmodern wankery as well but it is actually an amazin style of expression.

I think CRs are generally a bit "mundane" though in keeping with the tradition of academic register, so I would suggest that perhaps Kewlu may do quite well, as his subject area was interesting and his work insightful

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
princy 'Do ants have feelings?' - Great story- loved it. I actually read the WHOLE thing. Yes, I -am- kind aren't I!
Was very nicely done, kept me reading to the end, which i'm afraid to say is more than the others i've read so far (but we might attribute that to the fact I was tired at the time of my last reviews)
Use of images was smoothly done, and the switching of side-paragraph-thingy, took me a while to realise the psychologist was in the red font, veery nicely related, all wrapped up at the end.

- You get the greycats sign of approval;

\ | | | |

high5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)