BOS Showcase: 2007 Major Works (1 Viewer)

princy

HSC
Thank you! I still haven't got back to reading yours, but i will.

The characterisation was my main aim, I am not overly great at writing about setting or dialogue between characters, so the internal conversation worked well.

Yeah, as I said in my RS, Quek's story as a "HUGE INFLUENCE" and my teacher didn't seem to have a problem with me listing her as such because I justified it with Wolfe and Gordimer.

The door: on the final copy, it is coloured in in red crayon, it looks weird if I edit it in in photshop to get the idea across, looked great on the final copy though.

Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed it :)

daniel592

HSC
Himmy6996. I just have a question about your interpretation of Barthes. I think that he was being a bit playful when he said the author was dead, certainly he came to believe his own bullshit, but i reckon originally he was just having a laugh. I think you allude to this in your CR, but im just wondering, did you decide to rip apart his communication model, and hence stem your own? Or was your communication model developed first and it suited your cause to shred Barthes' DoA? I guess ultimately it doesn’t really matter whether he was having a laugh or not, im just curious about your interpretation. cheers

bumhead

Random Insults
HSC
awww... still no one reading mine :(

or they are and aren't telling me what they think :(

come on.. please someone tell me what they honestly think

123erykb

HSC
Hi Bumhead,

I read your Major work and found it thoroughly engaging, I thought your character voices were extremely strong, however, I was left a bit confused by your ending, otherwise great work and im sure you'll do well.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
IN regards to Hallatia's work;
Admittably i havent read your whole work... i've read the first 4 pages or so which i did indeed enjoy... particularly the tone of the narrator.....

I did however read your Reflection statement

The intention of Krypto is to offer a short story that explores deep social issues plaguing the western world in its current climate, where increasingly the evidence confirms a dearth of morality and principled behaviour. The struggle for what is right as well as varying notions of good and evil underpins the narrative structure of this piece. The two most prominent thematic concerns are a critical analysis of the portrayal of morals and the views of their “place” in a Western context as well as the notion of a real world superman.

this is just a useless suggestion but maybe for ur own reading purposes...
u might like to look into the Nitzschean Ubermensch [Superman/Overman]... It might've made an interesting contrast.. the traditional/stereotypical/Western superman with 'good' values contrasted to the ruthless Ubermensch who holds a degree of distain for these 'slave moralities'.

:)

bumhead

Random Insults
HSC
123erykb said:
Hi Bumhead,

I read your Major work and found it thoroughly engaging, I thought your character voices were extremely strong, however, I was left a bit confused by your ending, otherwise great work and im sure you'll do well.
thanks a lot :)

that relaxed me a little

lets just hope the BOS thinks the same (except for the last thing :p)

rositamadeline

questionable
HSC
my major work is called She it is made up of three stories called Mali, Ekaterina and Honora and unfortunately i dont have a copy of my rs on this computer

jimmayyy

HSC
how frustrating; i just read my major work for the first time since i handed it in and found 2 mistakes and 1 thing i forgot to change

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
jimmayyy said:
how frustrating; i just read my major work for the first time since i handed it in and found 2 mistakes and 1 thing i forgot to change
Oh well, I forgot to doublespace mine and should've changed the start- I think my opening paragraph kinda puts people off it. But then again no-ones actually said anything about it so that's just my opinion of it.

allysha

i wish upon a star...
HSC
Its called Isabella
short story

a young woman who was abused by her mother as a child but has suppressed her memories and on her wedding day she realises the truth of the nightmares shes been having concerned with this...

feedback please???

shimmy&shine

HSC
AMEZ, I just read you you poetry mw and it's fantastic. :) well done!

Holden4ever89, I liked Neutral, the images were really really effective and worked well with your poetry.

I think this was purely coincidental but you both used the Cocktail Glass shaped concrete poetry. interesting!

.gaj.

HSC
Seriously are there no other multimedia people out there willing to share? Im curious to see what you guys came up with and how you pulled em off. Go on, put em up!

S

Smerity

I hope it's not too late to join the fray - the last few weeks have been somewhat hectic =] I'll only throw up my major work, as I'm not so proud of my reflection statement as it was a rush job lol.

It's not in the exact format as submitted to the HSC, but instead redone for the web (ie. I hate the double spacing and would prefer my BoS ID number not to be plastered everywhere ^_^)

Short Story
The Ideal Enigma (pdf) - a whimsical philosophical exploration of identity by observing the transformation of a young cleaner into a fake detective through the eyes of his alarm clock and the story's opinionated narrator. The concept of identity stands core of my composition, with my intent to explore not only the traditional complexities that arise in the molding and alteration of a character's identity in a traditional text, but the way identity can be extended when used either in post-modern and absurdist texts or when integrated with metafiction.

Special Note - Footnotes play a huge part in this story, so when you see one, read it.

I look forward to reading the other major works and see how well I stand =] (at this point I honestly don't care, it's finished thank god! lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheEroticSultan

HSC
Ahoy thar, this is actually my first post and what a worthy topic it is.
I did a video for my major work, it's about whether the hard-boiled detective is anachronistic in a modern context.
If anything I had a great time making it so I'm not too fussed on how it goes.
But yeah, let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQfisgfEm58

MeOverYou

Banned
HSC
TheEroticSultan said:
Ahoy thar, this is actually my first post and what a worthy topic it is.
I did a video for my major work, it's about whether the hard-boiled detective is anachronistic in a modern context.
If anything I had a great time making it so I'm not too fussed on how it goes.
But yeah, let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQfisgfEm58
Upon first viewing, I quite enjoyed it. I will watch it again sometime and update my comments, but I really like it.

Last edited:

hpk

HSC
dr baby beanie said:
I have to agree with Nichole.
That was absolutely amazing.:D
Thank you! Umm yeah it wasn't inspired by nickelback, it was based off a pesonal experience..

but thanks for your kind words!

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)