• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BOW restrictions (1 Viewer)

cassie555

HSC
hey i was wondering if anyone knew of any other restrictions for sculpture in the BOW apart from height and weight??
i wanted to make one of my sculptures from scrap metal and place a candle in another. think this will be ok??

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
No fire, no water, if it runs on electricity, you must have a certificate showing it has been checked for safety. Im pretty sure they don't like glass either.

Last edited:

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
We were given a sheet of restrictions and stuff about our Visual Arts body of work. I'm just copying this from the sheet we got:
Dangerous materials must not be used. Any HSC Body of Work submission that may be considered dangerous to health or safety may not be marked or returned to schools if marked in corporate marking.
Works considered dangerous could include those with faulty electrical wiring and/or those which incorporate very sharp points or cutting edges such as glass, mirror fragments, barbed wire, rusty corrugated iron and/or broken machinery. Hypodermic syringes, needles, bodily secretions and blood products must not be included in any artworks.

If you wanted to make the sculpture you could probably do that, take photos of it and submit it as Documented Forms instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)