Bowling for Columbine (1 Viewer)

Nelly_04

HSC
Are many ppl doing Bowling for Columbine?

I'm a little confused as how to approach this: is it better to focus on how Mike Moore manipulates the truth (i.e. how he presents a bias view) or what he is syaing about the American media etc. manipulating the truth (i.e. by creating a culture of fear.)

How does his technique of using a handheld camera have anything to do with "telling the truth"

Nelly_04

HSC
what techniques did u use when u focused on how moore manipulated the truth?

HSC
hey guys,

With the movie, i don't think i'm being critical enough. I don't know how to say he's manipulating the truth. Theses are my thoughts, so can anyone help me expand on it and add a bit more? My trial's on thursday!!!!!:(

My thoughts:

- interviews the former producer for the show "COPS" and sort of reveals the whole TRUTH behind tv shows, that ratings are important (similar to what FRONTLINE reveals about "Frontline"). But isn't Michael Moore sort of doing the same? Ultimately being a film maker, u want box office sales, u want ppl to watch it and the more controversial the better?

- there were heapsa black and white footage, so i thought that maybe we could question it's value and whether it's authentic/real?

- adds in heaps of real news footage, similar to FRONTLINE by incorporating real ppl into the show

- aims to create audience empathy, the whole holding the little girls' picture in front of the old guy who walks off

- uses the power of the media to achieve what he wants ie. the Kmart incident

- tries to reveal what the media does by showing the audience what preparation reporters do when they're on the scene, same as how FRONTINE is meant to be show behind the scenes

- Both aim to make the audience question the role of the media in society.

i'm probably totally off track here, but can anyone help me?? thanks guys! it'd be greatly appreciated!

-marilia- xoxo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)