Boxing Day Sales (1 Viewer)

.....how about just over your left shoulder throug
HSC
Philomena_86 said:
wow is it a unit or a house in sydney>?? u must have rich parents!! thats a huge present
its a 4brm house....i wouldn't say rich as such because it has a very unique meaning, working class on the business side is more like it....however even though its mine, we all live in it, partly because my parents are too dependant on me to do their work and stuff and i'm the only child and a girl, and the unit...we're renting it out.... so yeah....

Numero Uno

HSC
glitterfairy said:
no kidding!

That being said my parents did a similar thing when they bought an aparetment... however they're renting it out, and they keep ALL the money from the renting out until their death which is when the property falls into my and my brother's possession. They bought it early because they think property prices will continue going up and up and up...But since it's still technically theirs and I don't really gain anything from it, I don't really consider it as mine.

But wow... we're looking at a $300 000+ present here. Wowza. That's one hell of a post-HSC present.
lol i wouldnt say the property prices are going up, but yeh a property as a present is huge , though u could get some cheaper houses in the outer parts of sydney

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Went to miranda today, bought sum stuff, but most wasnt on sale

used christmas money to buy sunnies, hat, shoes and usb stick

HSC
N/A
mYstiKaL_rOse said:
its a 4brm house....i wouldn't say rich as such because it has a very unique meaning, working class on the business side is more like it....however even though its mine, we all live in it, partly because my parents are too dependant on me to do their work and stuff and i'm the only child and a girl, and the unit...we're renting it out.... so yeah....
Q: Trying not to be rude or accusational or anything (really just confused, to be honest) how is it a "present" if the whole family has moved into it? Is the ownership in your name and do you have total control over it?

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
today was slightly disappointing, didn't really buy much, got myself a fresh jive polo in lilac, looks quite nice, went from 70 down to 40, so yeah bargain for branded clothing. Probably head back out tomorrow to take another look around. :) and mystikal rose can i come over? :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Q: Trying not to be rude or accusational or anything (really just confused, to be honest) how is it a "present" if the whole family has moved into it? Is the ownership in your name and do you have total control over it?

Yeah sounds like a tax strategy to me.

There goes your first homebuyers grant.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
Did anyone go to MYERS one day Sale on 27th.???

man.. it was crazy.. especially the waiting line to pay.

omg.. im happy i get to buy cK lingerie for 50% =)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
^My mum did and bought me some shirts. Yay!
I'm afraid I'm not much of a clothing shopper - Books all the way for me!

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
went to parra w/fields today and the sales are pretty much gone all the new summer stuff is in so yea...but i think that like alotta the chix stores' savings are still on...

Abtari

HSC
whaddya mean all the sales are gone..

they're like just started.. u go on any floor in westfield, and like everywhere you turn there are sales or discounts or clearances..

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
Myer sales continue non-stop until 15th jan, unless they sell out that particular stock

so go on the 15th and you'll see some XXXL ralph lauren jacket reduced from $348.95 down to $100 hah

and no one will buy it

.....how about just over your left shoulder throug
HSC
glitterfairy said:
ok i get where you're coming from, they were my first thoughts exactly, then my parents explained to me that my dads buying the house under his name then transferring the ownership to me while he still keeps the loan under his name and pays it off, however my fiance and i will have to pay off $200,000 later while my dad pays off $257,000 in the meantime......what's free these days anyway?? besides my parents aren't dumb, the agreement between us is that i own the house and have total control of it, while we all have to live together because thats our tradition >kids live with parents while they're alive....and mine have long lives but they're planning on living here half a yr and overseas half a yr etc< and i pay my share of the loan like 5-10yrs later....

Ms 12 said:
Yeah sounds like a tax strategy to me.

There goes your first homebuyers grant.
at first i thought it was a tax strategy too until my dad explained it to me, so in the end, the house is mine and i still have the first home buyers grant because i didn't buy the house...yay

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
mYstiKaL_rOse said:
ok i get where you're coming from, they were my first thoughts exactly, then my parents explained to me that my dads buying the house under his name then transferring the ownership to me while he still keeps the loan under his name and pays it off, however my fiance and i will have to pay off $200,000 later while my dad pays off $257,000 in the meantime......what's free these days anyway?? besides my parents aren't dumb, the agreement between us is that i own the house and have total control of it, while we all have to live together because thats our tradition >kids live with parents while they're alive....and mine have long lives but they're planning on living here half a yr and overseas half a yr etc< and i pay my share of the loan like 5-10yrs later....

at first i thought it was a tax strategy too until my dad explained it to me, so in the end, the house is mine and i still have the first home buyers grant because i didn't buy the house...yay

nice of you to say all this and clear up the confusion

but you have the right to not tell us the reason behind it... i would've kept it private

moco

HSC
i didnt find myers this year very packed compared to last year. only in the morning, considering i went at 7:10 (stupid trains!) i found there were more people at 7-8ish .more packed than last year.

but didnt want to get trampled anyway. did anyone watch the news about the myers in melbourne and there was that lady that was trampled. well not really, but she fell. walked backwards and another person walked into her. didnt want it to happen to me. and on every news break showed that clip! embarrassing!

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
hahha
sydney myer had 3000 people waiting outside the doors at 7am

burwood myer seemed empty at 8:30am.. maybe it's because i was in the men's section, and guys aren't keen on shopping anyway

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
was at parra in the arvo
and boy were the myer stores messy

i got really annoyed when i found a top i brought 3 weeks ago and it was discounted by 50% arggg

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
mYstiKaL_rOse said:

It doesn't matter who bought the home, if you have a home in your name at any time, you do not get the first homebuyers grant when you go to buy your own place.

HSC
N/A
In other news, I went shopping with my friend today in the city. We started at about 8:30 in Myer, and it was nice and quiet! :D

I got this lovely red eveningish top - $60 (not on sale... yes I'm stupid), and a black halterneck from Portmans - $14 (MY FIRST ACTUAL SALE ITEM! YAY!) and some Fiorelli sunglasses - $35 (50% off, they're a bit too big for me, but will do just fine until I save enough moolah for a pair of actual petite sunglasses that look nice AND fit AND have really good sun protection :) )

I also got some earrings from Diva - $4, as it's all 50% off! Yay!

Total spend including travel and late breakfast: $130

*happy and now almost broke, but happy*

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i just got 2 new hand bags, a new skirt, a bikini top for $10 and a hat for $5/ and a belt for $3 from dotti. a dress for nye as well but it wasnt on sale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)