BOXING: PACQUAIAO VS COTTO...Who is your bet? (1 Viewer)

inhinyero

HSC
I am bloody excited in this fight...My bet would be the Filipino champion Manny Pacquiao. Manny is the challenger and Cotto is the defender of the title. The height of Cotto i guess wouldn't be a hindrance for Manny to reap the title once more considering the uber-fast pace and speed of his punches (note: watch pacquaio vs hatton fight few months ago, KO at round 2! Damn! A fighter indeed!). Oh BTW, I love Filipinos just like I love Mannny Pacquaiao in the ring!

Related Article:

Pacquaio vs Cotto fight is the most awaited fight of the year. Both fighters made their way into boxing superstardom through blood sweat and tears. They are considered warriors by many and the pride of each of their country. The Many vs Cotto match up will be held in MGM Grand in Las Vegas Nevada.

There is no better match up out there, almost the same age, Paquiao 30 and Cotto 28 are both in the prime of their league. The Manny Pacquiao vs Cotto boxing match is sure to leave everyone glued to their screens this coming November. The Manny vs. Cotto fight is available to viewers live in Pay per View.

Manny Pacquiao came of from a very successful Knock out fight with Ricky Hatton last May with his sixth world boxing championship title to boot. The Philippine’s pride is very excited with the Manny Paquiao vs. Cotto fight. He hopes to bag his seventh title with the manny vs. cotto fight this November.
For the Manny vs Cotto fight, Manny spent training for the match in his own country in Baguio city, however the training camp was cut short due to weather disturbances that hit the still recovering country. The boxing champ assured fans and supporters that he is well prepared for the manny pacquiao vs cotto fight despite the hurdles he has experienced in completing his training.

Miguel Cotto on the other hand prepared for the Manny vs Cotto fight in his home country in Puerto Rico with Coach Joe Santiago. The trainer and the trainee both agreed that they have prepared well for the Manny Pacquiao vs Cotto fight by keen research and tactical planning on how to combat their opponent this coming November 14.

Miguel Cotto, three time boxing champ and WBO welterweight title holder is not an opponent to be taken lightly and so is the six time world champion and pound per pound king Manny Pacquiao. Both warriors are sure to raise uproars with the Manny Pacquiao vs Cotto fight. Stay tuned for more updates with manny vs cotto here in our website as we provide you with valuable links to satisfy your hunger for the fight of the century.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Pacman although Cotto people think will win

Hornby

Banned
HSC
Cotto win by KO in the 7th

There is no way in hell Pacman is knocking Cotto out.

Last edited:

Mozza91

HSC
Manny-UD
Should be a good fight though and either way there will riots in the Philippines

hoecake

HSC
jst wanna see pacman win so pacman/mayweather will pretty much be set.

Hornby

Banned
HSC
MUCH rather see Cotto vs Mayweather to be perfectly honest, If Mayweather wants to go down as one of the greats, he has to man up and fight someone who has some definite size in that division, instead of ducking Cotto. Although admittedly I just want to see Mayweather get his ass handed to him by either.

hoecake

HSC
im just curious as to whether mayweather can consistently shoulder roll pacquiao's speed. he has to take on either him or sugar shane anyhow

Hornby

Banned
HSC
Remember that pacquiao knockout hatton on the 2nd round
So what?

*Cotto has far more power than Hatton
*Cotto can take a hit (See Zab Judah)
*Cotto is ALOT bigger then Hatton

From Ironboxing.com:

WBO welterweight champion, Miguel Cotto and the so- called “People’s Champion” Manny Pacquiao are set to square off on November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The fight is definitely a must see for fight fans and a must happen for the sport of boxing.

This fight is the type of fight that helps strengthen the sweet science community as a whole and brings the casual fan into the fold.

Many people think that the Filipino bomber will walk through the somewhat shopworn looking (as of late) Puerto Rican.

I disagree. Miguel Cotto will retain his title on November 14. The task won’t be easy, but it will get done.

I spoke with hall of fame trainer Emmanuel Steward and he agreed.

“John, you and me are either gonna look like geniuses or fools, but I got a feeling that though we are in the minority, we will be every gambler’s dream that night that listened to us,” said Steward.

“This is not going to be a cakewalk for Manny. Cotto throws a lot of jabs that are targeted to disrupt rhythm and timing,” he continued, “ and he hits very hard and has elusive hand speed too.”

I think that says it all. I, however, will add a little more to the game plan.

Cotto cannot back pedal against Pacquiao. He must take the fight to him behind a double or triple jab. The jab cannot be a ramrod jab; it needs to be more of a “punch at the target rather than through the target” jab.

Should Cotto push Manny into the rope or pin him in the corner, Cotto can fall into his usual trap of admiring his work and patiently looking for openings once his prey has fallen into his web.

As soon as Manny’s back is pinned on the ropes or in the corner, Cotto needs to go to work.

It is no secret that Manny Pacquiao has three glaring weaknesses in his game.

The first, Pacquiao generally has no head movement to speak of. His head is very stationary for a man of his pillar. He is very easy to hit. Ask Juan Marquez and Erik Morales if this is true.

The problem there was that neither man had the physical ability to make that punch “stick”. Cotto is a different beast when it comes to punching power.

He is physically larger and will more than likely weigh in 10-17 pounds heavier on fight night.

The second weakness that Manny possesses is inability to stop an uppercut. Manny tends to leave his hands mid chest level and relies on cat like reflexes to counter this punch. Cotto will not be intimidated. He will land the uppercut at will.

Manny Steward presents the third weakness. He said, “when Manny throws his lead left hand, he is always out of balance. He overextends the punch and falls over his lead right foot. This is not good when it comes to fighting a guy like Cotto.”

“Miguel will half step and counter with an uppercut or a lead right hand. Cotto is going to push Manny backward. He is going to punish Manny with pressure, weight, size, and punching power.”

I think that Cotto will prevail, but the fight is still going to be very dangerous for him. The major problem I have with Cotto is his fighting stance.

For the life of me, I can’t understand how a decorated amateur and an outstanding professional champion has and does get away with holding his gloves next to his ears and leans over his lead foot.

Somehow, this tactic has worked for Cotto, but it won’t work for long. Steward agreed with my assessment and said, “John, you are right. It is unbelievable to me how Cotto has gotten away with that for so long.”

“I can’t stand to see him (Cotto) in that stance. That stance leaves him wide open for uppercuts and if you’re facing Manny, you’d better correct that gloves on the ear thing that you’re used to doing cause it may land you in trouble on that night,” he said.

inhinyero

HSC
So what?

*Cotto has far more power than Hatton
*Cotto can take a hit (See Zab Judah)
*Cotto is ALOT bigger then Hatton

~Cotto might have the power, BUT pacman has the speed. Speed comes first before power.

~ Check out the past enemies of pacman in the ring. They're a LOT bigger than him, and YET Pacman still manage to win. RIGHT?

~You say 7 rounds for Cotto? I say Pacman can do it in 2 rounds for a KO. Sourgraping? No. Look at you.

inhinyero

HSC
I reckon Pacman is the BEST FIGHTER IN THE WORLD. He is, indeed. Now he will prove it once more for the 7th times. His punches seems like a thunder bolt...you can't get enought of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)