BPay Hecs fees (1 Viewer)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

I just started a netbank account and wanted to pay HECS via Bpay.

I looked up my Statement of Outstanding Charges and the how to pay options.

I got the Biller Code (it showed it was too macquarie) and i used the 'Ref No' that is under the Biller Code as my 'Customer reference number' and sent the money.

Never using Bpay before, I was Initially quite confident that i got these numbers right. thing is I dont know if i actually put the proper 'Customer Reference Number' in. I used the 'Ref No' in the Statement of Outstanding Charges (which is actually my student Number, but then when i look at the Statement again, it has this stupid 'Payment Reference Number' at the top of the letter. I'm starting to get paranoid that this may have been the 'Customer reference number' they wanted, and not my student number.

Has anyone else used Bpay for hecs? and if so, can you tell me if the 'Customer reference number' is indeed our student number and not some random set of numbers at the topof our Statement of Outstanding Charges.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
mmm... i think you're right. people are lazy, therefore most people wouldn't have seen the number at the top. the bottom says: 'how to pay, biller code, ref no'. i don't see why they would have put that reference number at the bottom if it isn't the one they want you to use. if not, plenty of other people would have made the same mistake.

edit: yeah it's right
googled hecs bpay reference number macquarie university
first site
https://www.international.mq.edu.au/pdfs/Abroad_PaymentMethods_v2.pdf

Last edited:

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
mmm... i think you're right. people are lazy, therefore most people wouldn't have seen the number at the top. the bottom says: 'how to pay, biller code, ref no'. i don't see why they would have put that reference number at the bottom if it isn't the one they want you to use. if not, plenty of other people would have made the same mistake.
Thats what i'm thinking. I'll wait for a few days and see if the payment was received.

havy

HSC
iambored said:
3. Payment by BPAY (Available only to students with an Australian bank account set up to process BPAY payments)
Biller code is 50443
Reference number is your 8 digit Macquarie Student ID

I paid my fee using my student ID as reference number and I think it went thru fine...on estudnet there's no more outstanding debt for semester 1. And on the statement of outstanding charges, everything is now blank.

Last edited:

havy

HSC
I think that "payment reference number" on the statement of outstanding charges is for lodging inquiries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)