BR/BNW - Assesment HELP! (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
ok i have an assesment - it's basically a speech/discussion, i won't go into details

anyway - the question is "How do Huxley and Ridley Scott use John the Savage and Deckard respectively to illustrate the impoverishment of the whole world through the blotting out or destruction of it's natural elements?"

I think i'm pretty much set for the BNW side of it, but i'm struggling with Bladerunner. All i can come up with is that because Deckard doesn't know what he is, all the things we consider are "human" he does not have (ie. sense of identity etc..) but i don't think that's enough!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hey

Well there is a slight suggestion, especially at the end, that deckard is in fact a replicant...the whole unicorn thing...

But to go further, deckard is designed to hunt down and "retire" replicants, without any sense of remorse and sometimes quite savagely, even shooting them cowardly, either in the back, or before they come around a corner. THis is emphasised to him by the last replicant Roy(batty) who makes him feel the fear that he bestowed upon them...this in turn is offset by the final act, that of saving deckards life. THis illustrates the "humaness" of the replicant as opposed to that of Deckard.

The test used by deckard is also a good indication of the termination of nature.

I agree with you it is mainly based on BNW..but there are quite a lot of things in BR its just that you would need to take into account his surroundings and his actions as a human more than anything

Hope that helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)