BR - Replicants' connection with Nature. (1 Viewer)

icesta1

HSC
Is there any quote/scenes where I can show the replicants connection with Nature?

This is all I need for my essay and I'm done ^_____^

thanks.

Jaymay

HSC
Zhora to Deckard rhetorical question "Do you really think i'd be working in a place like this if i could afford a real snake?" Implying the genetic makeup of the snake is cheaper than the near extinct (as far as we know) real snake.

HSC
Roy's release of a dove is a metaphor for man's loss of the purity of the natural world

Each character represents an animal, e.g. roy = wolf, rachael = owl, zhora = snake, deckard = unicorn cant remember the rest

When Roy is chasing Deckard in the Bradbury Building he screams like a wolf, symbolising savagery and in a Romantic (as in Romanticism) sense, the ruggedness of the natural word and it's uncontrollable nature

icesta1

HSC
Thank you! Those are exactly what I needed.

If anyone else has more quotes/scenes of this particular aspect feel free to post. It could also help other students who are looking for some extra parts for their essay ^___^.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Roy's release of a dove is a metaphor for man's loss of the purity of the natural world

Each character represents an animal, e.g. roy = wolf, rachael = owl, zhora = snake, deckard = unicorn cant remember the rest

When Roy is chasing Deckard in the Bradbury Building he screams like a wolf, symbolising savagery and in a Romantic (as in Romanticism) sense, the ruggedness of the natural word and it's uncontrollable nature
holy crap that is amazing. i never thought of it that way. However I'd like to ask in what way does rachael represent an owl apart from appearing with one in a single scene? The same with Zhora?

HSC
Uni Grad
holy crap that is amazing. i never thought of it that way. However I'd like to ask in what way does rachael represent an owl apart from appearing with one in a single scene? The same with Zhora?
Well Rachel is generally an observer in the film, only taking action when you least expect it (when she kills the replicant Leon). Zhora, when in her dance makeup is bright orange, and has sequin things all over her body that look like scales, hence snake.

yours

HSC

This is spot on. This example clearly demonstrates the replicants' connection with nature, particularly as the connection in the above quote about Zhora is not very convincing (her statement does not reveal she is connected to nature, but rather that she is victimised as a slave and as a woman).

Thankyou! I found this really helpful.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)