Braces (1 Viewer)

cutiebabyforeva

Coz I'm Cool Like That ;)
HSC
The_highwayman said:
Did anybody else's teeth feel so weird once you got your braces removed? like they were sorta slimey when you ran your tongue over them? it's an awesome feeling, knowing it's all pretty much over.
I cant wait for that! When... whennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!?!?!? Effing 3 years Ive had them on.

CieL

HSC
Optophobia said:
but he put a wire in behind my front bottom row of teeth. It's still there now. I want it removed.
I thought those doubled up as a retainer?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Optophobia said:
Not only did he remove my braces, but he put a wire in behind my front bottom row of teeth. It's still there now. I want it removed.
Haha me too. I haven't been in about a year or so. I keep missing appointments to "check how my teeth are moving" and I've still got the damn wire in.

I should probably go get it removed.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
Haha me too. I haven't been in about a year or so. I keep missing appointments to "check how my teeth are moving" and I've still got the damn wire in.

I should probably go get it removed.
thats meant to be a permanent retainer

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
jemsta said:
hahaha youre not meant to be chewing gum when you have your braces.
why not?when I had my braces, both my dentist and orthadontist advised me to chew gum.

it hurts to chew a lot right after you get them, but the more you chew, the quicker you get used to it and it doesent hurt anymore. For the first few days you might only be able to manage soft foods, after awhile you'll be right. You just aren't supposed to bite anything like hard lollies or chew sticky lollies. I remember when I first got them I had to cut apples up cos I couldnt bite into them properly. And some things get stuck and they are annoying.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
it was highly advisable not to chew gum because my ortho said that theres a high possibility of the gum being stuck onto the braces
i guess different orthodontists have different rules regarding certain foods that you can/cant eat.
and yeah i remember i had to cut up my apple into little pieces because it just hurts too much just taking a big bite out of it :(

karoooh

HSC
trolloutaface said:
lol, how much did it cost you altogether?
It's going to be bout $7000. :(

Yesterday, I spent under an hour soaking bits of wholemeal bread in soup and eating porridge. Today, I managed to eat two cheeseburgers; I tore bits off and either chewed once then swallowed or used my tongue and the roof of my mouth to break it up in my mouth. This is harder than I thought.

I miss steak so very badly. :(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
stephenchow said:
Do you sometimes wonder if your braces might rust?
tthats interesting...luckily that thought never crossed my mind :p

cutiebabyforeva

Coz I'm Cool Like That ;)
HSC
stephenchow said:
Do you sometimes wonder if your braces might rust?
mine kinda did cause ive had them on for so long (3 years) and there's something in my saliva which make them rust. you couldnt actually see them rust but it became harder and harder to get them open each time... and each time it fucking hurt my teeth coz of the pressure of trying to get them open. so i had to replace them with new ones.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i had mine tightened yesterday. :D

and i get to have them taken off [temporarily] in like, august! :eek: :cool:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
temporarily?
so that means you take them off in august and then had them put back on later on?

hsc is death.

HSC
ohh you poor dear!
i mostly ate baby food (apple is the nicest), mashed bananas, soup, anything that you think you can physically mash up and then eat! haha dont worry you wont be able to eat properly for 2 weeks AT THE MOST
x

x.glam

HSC
my friend had it. and she had pretty much anything she wanted.. the usual. there was no sacrificies in the process. the only thing she didnt do was bite apples, but just like slice it into smaller bites and stuff

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Reading through this thread, there's quite a few people here i know and know of who have had braces.

Guess others (re: me) don't really notice it much.

amyg238

HSC
First thing I ate when I got braces on was sushi and first thing when I got them off was sushi.
There's a sushi shop directly opposite the orthodontist...I pretty much got some every appointment I had come to think of it.

Evilo

HSC
.ShAkEdOwN. said:
i tried to eat as normally as possible
although i went to maccas afterwards and i couldnt even eat fries [i had to suck on them] it took me 2 months until i could eat meat without any pain and when you get them tightened its even worse. yogurt is a good thing and bananas, all the healthy stuff you know.
& soup, spaghetti, chocolate, theres some liquid breakfast things you could try as well. they are pretty all right.

i got my braces off in march so im all free now .. but enjoy the train ride :]
I could eat steak after about a week - i love my steak
i had mine on for just over 2 years - but i reckon its the best thing i've ever done - my teeth look awesome now. Keep smiling.

munchybuddy

HSC
When i got mine it friggen killed for like 3 weeks afterwards.

I could eat pretty much anything except for apples, corn on the cob and anything really chewy like fantials (although i still ate most of those type of things)

When i first got them on, i remember i ate nothing but ice-cream, yoghurt, custard, soup and other mushy stuff for like ages, but now they are off so i can everythin now yay:) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)