brain stormin' (1 Viewer)

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
would anyone be able to help me brain storm a few pointers as to why crime fiction is so popular?

monique66

- it relates to human nature
- it explores issues that we as the audience find both disgusting but intriguing
- it is always written to reflect the context and values of the audience so it is forever changing
- the ways in which new and postmodern texts differ from the norm...
sorry these are crap but anyway... :p

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
mandalay said:
would anyone be able to help me brain storm a few pointers as to why crime fiction is so popular?

mystery, unravelling of a crime, action, suspence, psychological manipulations ( a form of red herrings)..., the ability this genre gives the authors to allow the readers to "willingly suspend their disbeleif", supernatural themes ( for example the evil hound in 'the hound of the baskervilles'), getting into the shoes of the detective, the love for violence, blood, torment and horror ( some traits that many crime novels/movies possess... for example the "oozing serrum" in "the skull beneath the skin".. or the battered face of clarrisa )....

there's heaps more... but not many i can think of right now

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
people wanna make their own assumptions and stuff? i dunno thats what i was told

librarybag

HSC
N/A
I went to the performance on Tuesday. I didn't have high expectations, but I found it quite good and it explained the play better to me. Unfortunately, the question time at the end was a bit pointless. It wasn't really the actors fault though, most students had no questions to ask.

bEAbEA

HSC
Reader like the reassurance that there are detectives out there who are capable of keeping them safe and can bring justice to a situation. This is not evident in every text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)