break during studying tecniques (1 Viewer)

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
hi everyone
well im having a break from study right now and i am so damn bored. i wonder what you guys do while you are having a break. i feel so wasted that i dont want to continue studying. there must be an interesting and refreshing way to enjoy my break. oh wells, another forced hour of studying coming up... =\

magician

HSC
Read, play piano (usually what I did), lie down, relax and do nothing or listen to music : )

And, you're studying during the summer holidays? Your dedication is impressive- I did a little bit of Maths Ext 2 during that time and spent alot of time at the beach last year. (Ended up dropping it too, so it made no difference ;) )

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Studying shouldn't be a chore.

To help ensure it doesn't become one, you should constantly entertain yourself with delusions of grandeur.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
kit kat

well for me, the key to studying is... if there's something you really wanna do - such as look up something on the net, or call a friend - and you tell yourself you'll do it after studying, you won't be concentrating 100%. :cool:
therefore... you should do everything you're itching to do before you study [as long as it doesn't take all day]. then when you study you'll be calm :)

oh and don't go online during your break, because then you'll never make it back to your books ;)

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
haha thanks Dreamerish, i finally notice that from year of experience...not to go on the net that is.

how can i make studying interesting? the word studying doesnt even connotate interesting in my opinion

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
want2beSMART said:
how can i make studying interesting? the word studying doesnt even connotate interesting in my opinion
There in lies your problem.

Primarily, in order for study to be interesting, you have to THINK or convince yourself that study is interesting.

It's almost a Catch 22... almost. It would be, but for that fact that you can eventually convince yourself that study is at least remotely entertaining... it helps to be interested in what you're doing, too... but you would have chosen subjects you LIKE, yes?

Positive thinking works. :)

Oh, BTW, I should mention that studying for more than an hour straight is a very stupid idea unless you're involved in what you're doing. SOMETIMES, when I'm doing maths or chemistry, I'll be there fore an hour or two. However, when I start to get bored I stop for a while or for the day.

Is an hour a day a problem? Hell no. Do that every day you comfortably can and you'll be fine. Consistency has far greater rewards than cramming... but consistency AND cramming probably produces ultimate rewards.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
yeah, there are always subjects that you have no trouble studying...
you have to get "into" the subjects that you find boring. maybe you find them boring because they're harder, or you don't understand.
i always had problems with english because my class always does the most dull texts, but then i started reading my texts more than once and doing exercises and when i found it easier, it became more interesting :)

another thing is, if you have something to work towards, it really motivates you :D
whenever i think about doing pharmacy at uni and then owning a pharmacy and earning enough money to buy all the clothes i want, i'm more motivated :D

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
haha the aust open magnetises me to the tv dude. you think that is a good idea? when i watch a match, i tend to watch the WHOLE match and then when the next match is shown, i tend to do the same again. and onwards...

haha uumm my subjects? well i really enjoyed languages HOWEVER, i chose subjects that i thought would give me a future in the business GENTLEMEN world hehe...yes thats right. i do ALL the social science subjects...so sad... *cries*

hmm i want to start life all over again hehe

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
well see :p you remember how everyone was saying at the time of subject selection? "not to do what you think you SHOULD do, but do what you are interested in"? :)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
for me, money doesn't provide much long term motivation, short term fixes like chocolate and BoS is enough

HSC
for every 2 hours of study i took a 30min break then did another 2 hours, i only did it twice

my sister used to do every hour with a 10min break

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
hmm wow 2 hours!! that is loonnnggg...
i dont think i can even last an hour. maybe i should start small and eventually add more time...maybe by then i'll be obsessed with study

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
maybe... when you study, don't think to yourself
"omgomgomg it's so hard how can i make it easier omgomgomg" :eek:
just look at it, and know that you're gonna read through it and concentrate, and at the end of the chapter you'll understand, and it won't seem to difficult. you just have to calm yourself down and actually read the words, not glance at them and forget them.
if something's really hard to understand, go through it a few times. :) most textbooks would explain things in a way that isn't too hard to swallow ^^ i'm sure.
just convince yourself that it's NOT too hard for you :)

go get 'em tiger :D

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
hey man... i'd love to be obsessed with study this year! :D

HSC
want2beSMART said:
hmm wow 2 hours!! that is loonnnggg...
i dont think i can even last an hour. maybe i should start small and eventually add more time...maybe by then i'll be obsessed with study
I was used too a 30 min attention span sutdying, i did 1 hour, then went up 30min every day, 1hrs not bad 1.5hr wasnt bad 2hr wasnt bad, i could of done more but i felt it would of been a waste and my brain needed a break anyway

study is easy dont think about the 'hardness of the work'

you just sit down and do it, simple as that, you dont sit there complaining, just DO the work, if you dont understand it teach yourself, dont question what you do and dont know, just DO it, whinging slows you down

and for the person who +rep me, my sister got 94 TER, im not sure what that is in UAI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)