Breakdown (1 Viewer)

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
Ok, so I've been listening to Mariah Carey's Breakdown on repeat for the last week or so non stop and it's got me thinking...

The person you love and thought really loved you, leaves you right? How would you react? Like the song says, do you hold on to your pride and pretend you don't care, or let them know exactly how you feel and make a fool of yourself in the process.

I've done both and they both seem pretty crap.

What do you all think?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I would be torn between the two.

Firstly I would desperately hold on to my pride and try convincing myself that it doesn't bother me. After awhile, when the loneliness and the loss finally sinks in, I wouldn't be able to help telling him how I feel, and persisting in finding out what I did to make him leave.

Thinking about it gets me sad. :( I would be a total wreck without my boyfriend.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
1) "Letting them know how you feel" won't do you any good. If they've left you, they don't care about how you feel anymore.

2) Copping it and moving on is obviously the way to go. I've been with my girlfriend for so long now that if she left me tonight she'd have only saved me the bother of her leaving once we were further commited.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
you're first problem was listening to mariah carey for relationship advice. fix that and everything else will fall into place

White Angel

HSC
i think if my bf ever dumped me... i told him

i would chuck away my pride for a week and ask for him back... but after a week... and i wait for a month...and there's still no reply... then we're done for. i won't wait forever... even if he is worth it...T.T

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
from having made a fool of myself by telling my two long-term ex's how i felt after the relationship, i did nothing to make it better
i prolly just looked like a complete tool for loving them
just forget about them and dont talk to them, move on. makes it so much easier.

HSC
i'm not so sure. i think you gotta leave it for a week, and then see how they're feeling. if you tell them you love them its not really gunna make a difference unless they want you back to. its ok to collapse, its ok to have feelings. just remember time heals all wounds.. so then yeah, move on. Theres nothing worse then having a friend who's still in mope-town like a month on.. or still trying to win them back. by golly. if my bf dumped me i'd cry sure, but then you gotta get over it, theres plenty mor fish in the sea!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
You can let them know how you feel without making a fool of yourself.

If you're a guy.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
SashatheMan said:
make him/her who left you feel jelous. that way you make your pride feel good.
It doesnt always work that way.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I've done both and it sucks ass. Hopefully time will sort things out

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
SashatheMan said:
make him/her who left you feel jelous. that way you make your pride feel good.
That's always a good idea if you don't plan on getting back with them.

If you make them jealous, and they come running back to you, it's not likely that they're back because they love you, but they're back because they're still possessive.

HSC
i told my ex on the day we broke up that i would always be there for her if she ever wanted to come back... but if that was later then i'd just look like i wasnt over her and she would prolly just avoid me from there on.

simply - make a fool of yourself as you break up... after that you keep your pride...

p.s. you should listen to bands like damageplan, dark tranquility, in flames etc for relationship advice after a breakup... damageplan even has a song called pride :) thats song is sound advice on the matter....

HSC
im even nice enough to pull up the lyrics for you :)

I'm sickened
I know I've been betrayed
But i keep ignoring
The warning signs

You tell me
That I'm not beneath you
But you act above me
Knives in my spine

Now with all the money in the world
You can't buy my respect
Yeah, its just a matter of pride
But thats all I've got left

I reach up
For your hand as you stand
Looking down on me but
You turn your back

Ibelieved you
Now everything that we had
That I thought was scared
Has turned to black

Now with all the money in the world
You can't buy respect
Yeah, it's just a matter of pride
But that's all I've got left

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
you know what makes these kinds of break ups worse?

when your ex doesn't treat you like an EX at all... like it's obvious you both can't let go but your still 'broken up'..

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
FoodForThought said:
im even nice enough to pull up the lyrics for you :)

I reach up
For your hand as you stand
Looking down on me but
You turn your back

Ibelieved you
Now everything that we had
That I thought was scared
Has turned to black

whoa...

i dont know what to say to these lyrics :(

santaslayer

HSC
Keep your pride. You look like a fucktard if you start going down on your knees. It makes them go all egotistical and won't make the situation better at all. You'll make them feel good for dumping you.

HSC
Tuggi3 said:
you know what makes these kinds of break ups worse?

when your ex doesn't treat you like an EX at all... like it's obvious you both can't let go but your still 'broken up'..
umm... what is treating someone like an ex mean?? like with me and my ex, the only difference now between her and any other mate is we used to go out...

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
i'm not saying you should treat them like shit, but naturally after a break up there would be some kind of difference or distance.
some couples just act the same around each other and hook up when there alone, like the tension and love between the two is still there, and you can feel it and see it *cough*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)