Breakfast? (1 Viewer)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Hey guys...
...excuse my hiatus from BoS -- have been... I dunno; just haven't ever gotten round to coming on!

Anyway. MJ & I have a few issues occaisonally about breakfast, especially now that the cheap foodcourt has disappeared. Bakers' Delight on the way to uni has been the recent solution, or eating museli at home... Howver that gets a little boring.

Now, I know you guys are a bunch of innovative little people, so I'm gonna ask you -- has anyone got any solutions/insights/secrets?

(Oh, and welcome to all the new-MQers!)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Usually for breakfast, I find that a cold bottle of V or Redbull used to get me through first year :p Nowdays, I try and find a salad place which is open, or buy one the night before and stick it in the fridge and eat it on the way/at uni :)

HSC
N/A
Macca's drive through, all the way.

Failing that, chocolate milk (from SAM shop) is fast becoming my "alternate breakfast"... $2.50 and actually stops you feeling hungry. That, or ham and cheese toasted sandwiches ($3.20 from SAM grill before 11am).

Maybe it's time to start thinking about lobbying for decent breakfast meals at Uni?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
im not usually there early enough for breakfast so im not sure.

Bakers Delight is a good idea. During Oweek, a tent were giving away 3 dollar tokens for that place at maq shops.

X

xeuyrawp

- L1n - said:
cmon people coco pops, lol, i ditched nutral grain for cocpops, feels u up.
Are you sure that's not your girlfriend? :S

And I go to the Colleges to eat breakfast. I find that Menzies is the best, food-wise, except it's got the worst conversation.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
- L1n - said:
cmon people coco pops, lol, i ditched nutral grain for cocpops, feels u up.
u mean fills u up ? lol

cocopops and nutrigrain gives me tummy aches and makes me throw up lol (even though they're so addictive :()
i always eat before i leave in the morning cuz i can only eat soggy weetbix or oats.

errmm yehh.. aaanyway.. they have those cereal boxes and fruit in the sam shop ... lol
oohh and V! can't get by without my V (which also gives me tummy aches :eek:)

oooh or sushi! lol... as long as its smoked salmon sushi (cuz its soo good), its good any time of the day :D lol

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Are you sure that's not your girlfriend? :S

And I go to the Colleges to eat breakfast. I find that Menzies is the best, food-wise, except it's got the worst conversation.
Local students can go to the colleges for breakfast? :eek: How much fo you pay?

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
Local students can go to the colleges for breakfast? :eek: How much fo you pay?
You dress up in pajamas, blend in somewhat...

HSC
N/A
lol.

I'll consider it. I can survive on brunch but always prefer having a decent breakfast... and nothing beats a decent hot breakfast that isn't as oily as some of the stuff from the grill :(

OMG

Is there a macca's at Macquarie Centre? If so I may be saved...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes there is a maccas there, near the ice rink

I think you should go to mac centre. in the morning it is really easy to find a park and you have variety (bakers delight, maccas, woolies, boost, muffin break)

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
There’s some nice food in the sam food court. I usually like to start the day with a nice salad sandwich from the sandwich shop (which is quite filling!) There’s also some nice coffee from maxines to keep you awake in the lectures too, lol.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
PwarYuex said:
You dress up in pajamas, blend in somewhat...
Haha you serious? How do you respond to the people asking "hey, I've never seen you before... which room/dorm/other-location are you in?"

All good ideas, though. I'm getting increasingly sick of the expensive-yet-cheap (as in, lots of money for crap quality) food SAM provides us.. as ~ForAGoodCause~ noted -- the bacon and egg rolls/sandwiches are okay, but it's more like a fat and egg roll, the times I get them.

Never tried the sandwich, or the salads though. Always avoided the salads because by the time they appeal to my tastes it's about 2pm and there're this morning's maggots hatching already (well... not quite, but there're a few flies buzzing around, and the bored outsourced food contractors/contractors' employees don't really care), which is a bit of the turn off. Never really considered the sandwiches for some reason. The thai is good though, but not really a breakfast food.

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
all the nice food has disappeared mate
im so disappointed
its like all asian food now
wheres the variety gone
if i want asian
id eat at home

Tabris

HSC
Skittled said:
Hey guys...
...excuse my hiatus from BoS -- have been... I dunno; just haven't ever gotten round to coming on!

Anyway. MJ & I have a few issues occaisonally about breakfast, especially now that the cheap foodcourt has disappeared. Bakers' Delight on the way to uni has been the recent solution, or eating museli at home... Howver that gets a little boring.

Now, I know you guys are a bunch of innovative little people, so I'm gonna ask you -- has anyone got any solutions/insights/secrets?

(Oh, and welcome to all the new-MQers!)

Hey, do they still have the big breakfast, haven't had it in a while, for $6 it was very very fulfilling in the morning..... the slices toast, the hash brown, scrambled eggs, tomato, sausages, bacon and the bottle of juice....

Foods very important, when ur about to sit in the library to digest your readings make sure u dont have an empty stomach, it will reduce your attention span and studying become less effective...

Only eat thai when your desperate, or have no time for a run to Macq centre....

U are suppose to slice the mushrooms not cut them in half and have a huge chunk, thats disgusting, same with the chicken, it comes in huge chunks, the brocolli doesnt look fresh, the carrots are awful..... and please the put the chicken cashew on top of the rice not next to it....

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Tabris said:
Hey, do they still have the big breakfast, haven't had it in a while, for $6 it was very very fulfilling in the morning..... the slices toast, the hash brown, scrambled eggs, tomato, sausages, bacon and the bottle of juice....
The upstairs joint is gone :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)