Breaking Down the Question (1 Viewer)

IceCreamMonster

HSC
Hi guys,

I was wandering how I should break down this question....

Identify and explain the training types/methods that would most enhance performance in your chosen sport (8 marks)

I'm thinking that I should have 8 training methods along with explanation (how and examples). I'm doing 42.5KM marathon run.

Aerobic Training
Continous Training
Fartlek Training

Strenth Training
Isotonic Training
Isometric Training

Flexibility
Static Stretch
Dynamic Stretch
PNF Stretch

But as you can see I only have 7 training method and I don't want to put 8 methods if the marks are not coming from there plus I want to cut it down. Can you guys help me clarify how I can get the full 8 marks? Should I have 8 methods?... should I have 4 methods and the other 4 marks come from explaination and examples? Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:

Aysce

HSC
Hello there! In my opinion, I believe 8 examples are far too many. If you think logically, it would take too much time to simply expand upon those different training types, and there are going to be roughly 16-20 lines. So the way I view it, I see it as using 2 from aerobic, 1 from strength, and 1 from flexibility.

So this is what I'd do:

1. Identify one type of training ie Aerobic, and say how it is related to someone doing a 42km marathon. ( Include a brief definition).
2. Introduce continuous training, with a specific example e.g Running constantly for 2 km and then using the progressive overload theory to improve each time a person adapts to a certain load. Explain the advantages and link it to how it can enhance performance.
3. Same thing with other.
4. Move on to strength, do the same thing.
.... Repeat.

Note:

Explain: Means to give cause and effect.

For aerobic : those 2 are fine.
Strength: Isotonic training is relevant since leg muscles contract concentrically ( shortening), and eccentrically ( lengthening ).
Flexibility: Dynamic stretch since they must maintain dynamic flexibility when running.

I hope this helps :). Feel free to message me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)