Breaking down the reflection statement (1 Viewer)

Ritaann

UNSW here I come... late
HSC
Hi,
would I be right in saying,
The introduction: involves the intent of your work and it's audience
body 1: link how your research has, through differeing stages impacted on the final product.
Body 2: recounting methods of investigation + sources which have impacted on the final product (pretty much the report ?) - which involves an explaination of choices for concept structure, langauge features and conventions, techniques.
Conclusion: evaluation of the final product with an eye to how successful you believe the work to be.

The syllabus states: should indicate how teh student realised the concepts in the final product. What exactly does this mean?

This is sounding a lot like The Report: in what ways is the report different/similar to the reflection statement ? (other than word count)
~Ritaann

HSC
N/A
You'll find the RS is actually a lot like your three (I think it's three) ee2 assessments during the year - they just take aspects of the RS and expand on it. :)

In regards to "realising concepts in the final product", I interpreted this to mean reflecting upon how well I thought my major work conveyed my main ideas/themes/whatever to the audience. Keep in mind that original ideas can change, taking your mw into a completely new direction. If this happened in your major work, say so!

It could *also* be interpreted to mean how you realised the concept of the ee2 module and how this is reflected in your mw... hmm.

EDIT: The exact structure of the RS doesn't matter, however I think it's a good idea to state the intent right at the beginning, and save the more "pure" reflection for last. But anything that happens in between is personal choice. :)

dave28

HSC
saw a couple of ref statements in a posting for all eng ext 2, but would much appreciate it if people could post more of their old ones... ps thanks for all your posts too glitterfairy

HSC
N/A
Old ones? As in previous drafts?

If you're looking for finished ones, you can also have a hunt through the (original) showcase threads, as most are posted up with the MW. Never underestimate how important reading the MW and RS together is! :)

And it's a pleasure to be helpful :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)