BREAKING NEWS Kylie Minogue HAS BREAST CANCER!!! (1 Viewer)

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
KYLIE Minogue has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has cancelled her Australian tour, the Frontier Touring company said today.

Her management said that while at home in Melbourne with her family this week befor her Australian Showgirl Tour, Minogue was diagnosed with early breast cancer.
She would undergo immediate treatment and consequently her Australian tour would not be able to proceed as planned.

"I was so looking forward to bringing the Showgirl tour to Australian audiences, and am sorry to have to disappoint my fans," Minogue said today.

"Nevertheless hopefully all will work out fine and I'll be back with you all again soon."

Her Showgirl Tour was scheduled to travel to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth over the next month.

Her management said patrons should hang on to their tickets pending the announcement of new Showgirl dates.

Minogue's promoter Michael Gudinski said the news was a great shock.

"I'm hoping and praying because the doctor found it so early that everything will be OK," he told the Seven Network.

Mr Gudinski said Kylie's concert and touring plans were irrelevant now.

"Let's just give her time to go through what she's going through and we'll worry about all that in the future.

Advertisement:
"Our thoughts, and I'm sure all the legions of Kylie's fans, will be with her all the way."

Mr Gudinski said Minogue was having a few days off before flying to Sydney today to start rehearsals when told she had breast cancer.

"It's never a good time for a thing like this to happen, but to be in Melbourne, her home town, and her family around her...," he told the Nine Network.

"The one thing I know about Kylie is, she's a fighter, and we're all thinking very very positively and can't wait for the day she is smiling and back in action.

"But she's got a few tough weeks ahead of her."

Mr Gudinski said Minogue's experience was a lesson to all women to keep checking themselves for breast cancer.

"Thank god she has been, you have to find these things early and hopefully we'll be doing many, many shows to come.

"But at the moment it's time for her to be at home with her family and I think you'll find she'll be in hospital in the next couple of days."

In 2002, one of Minogue's bras sold for $6880 in London at an auction to raise money for breast cancer awareness.

She had donated a skimpy black mesh bra with pink straps from her own underwear range.

Minogue has also worked to raise awareness of prostate cancer, after her father was diagnosed with it.

She said her father had received a great deal of family and professional support after his diagnosis.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
SashatheMan said:
well thats cuase its the latest news u moron. now u know
The fact that Kylie has breasts is breaking news? You're a fucking moron, read a post before you reply to it.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Kylie's songs are annoyingly catchy and her face looks like its been moulded and could never ever move again, but the news of her cancer is pretty shocking.

putri tini

HSC
Yeah it's terrible news about Kylie diagnosed with breast cancer. Kylie is one of 30 people diagnosed with cancer a day. HOward even showed his sympathy on the news. To me it can be seen in two ways - nice of the PM showing how much he cares or just using the news to promote himself!

u decide...

He certainly doesn't care about anybody else's health, like cutting government support from elderly's medical needs (alzheimers, etc) - who live off and rely on it for the rest of their lives.

UGH Howard disgusts me!

BTW this isn't about Kylie, it's about Howard. KYlie's the best, and hope everything works out for her.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
putri tini said:
Yeah it's terrible news about Kylie diagnosed with breast cancer. Kylie is one of 30 people diagnosed with cancer a day. HOward even showed his sympathy on the news. To me it can be seen in two ways - nice of the PM showing how much he cares or just using the news to promote himself!

u decide...

He certainly doesn't care about anybody else's health, like cutting government support from elderly's medical needs (alzheimers, etc) - who live off and rely on it for the rest of their lives.

UGH Howard disgusts me!

BTW this isn't about Kylie, it's about Howard. KYlie's the best, and hope everything works out for her.

i dont think howard really is trying to promote himself by tlaking about kyle. i think he just talking cuase theres nothing else to tlak about.

b0b444

HSC
now isn't it convenient that Kylie's "shock" news is posted just before her planned tour... if it wasn't sold out before it will be now. she certainly has a good publicist, i'll give her that. he/she has gone straight to the Delta Goodrem publicity book of how to make an unknown a household name off a single album and not a single live show. the 3rd of march was 2 years since her first album was released and she has never played a live show. yet she has still had 7 no.1 singles and 2 no. 1 albums. doesn't that make anyone else sick?

i don't want to be too cynical but isn't just a little convenient that delta comes up with cancer right after she releases her album. this practically ensures her an aria or 2 (ends up with a record of 7). then after a while when she hasn't been in the new for a while she suddenly finds an australian tennis star to latch on to and then controversially break up with...

reminds me of a certain gold logie nominee/"actress"/popslut and dancing with the stars winner whose popularity was also dwindling before a sudden announcement of "the wedding of the century" to another tennisly gentleman.

hmmm... the world of popstar publicity...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
b0b444 said:
now isn't it convenient that Kylie's "shock" news is posted just before her planned tour... if it wasn't sold out before it will be now. she certainly has a good publicist, i'll give her that. he/she has gone straight to the Delta Goodrem publicity book of how to make an unknown a household name off a single album and not a single live show. the 3rd of march was 2 years since her first album was released and she has never played a live show. yet she has still had 7 no.1 singles and 2 no. 1 albums. doesn't that make anyone else sick?

i don't want to be too cynical but isn't just a little convenient that delta comes up with cancer right after she releases her album. this practically ensures her an aria or 2 (ends up with a record of 7). then after a while when she hasn't been in the new for a while she suddenly finds an australian tennis star to latch on to and then controversially break up with...

reminds me of a certain gold logie nominee/"actress"/popslut and dancing with the stars winner whose popularity was also dwindling before a sudden announcement of "the wedding of the century" to another tennisly gentleman.

i don't agree with either of the 3 (i like to give people the benefit of the doubt)
1. kylie apparently found out that morning, started chemo today, is having an operation later this week. they are moving quicky. it's not like they have known for weeks

2. they are always releasing albums. i find it disgusting that you can diminish delta (or anyone) having cancer to "comes up with cancer". she's a normal person, she did not make it up, go home to live and shave her head for the cause. popstars are always dating and breaking up

3. it seems the wedding was because she was pregnant, unless she planned to get pregnant after a couple of months of dating just to increase her popularity, which i doubt, i don't think she had much choice.

artfag

Banned
HSC
b0b444 said:

that post was so radiohead

b0b444

HSC
artfag said:
that post was so radiohead
^lol, what exactly do you mean by that?^

"...kylie's a fighter..."

yes. she is widely know for making it through hard times.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
putri tini said:
its because he cares, cause 4 all those other ppl who dont have a million odd dollars and also have cancer, he also said a shout out 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)