Breaking up during HSC exams (1 Viewer)

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Is it a good idea to do this? In a relationship and I want out. It feels like such an effort to talk to my s/o at the moment because I have my exams to study for, and I don't really know if I like them that much anyways. They keep pressuring me into calling them on the phone even though I'm studying, and I guess making me feel guilty for not wanting to hang out with them during this time when exams are happening. I just feel it will be messy and I don't want that to fuck with me when I have the biggest exams I have ever done that matter so much to me to worry about. It's weird because I won't really get stressed after studying for like 8 hours in a day, but I get stressed from literally seeing a text message from them, to the point where I feel like I can't do anything else and that I'm trapped I guess. This is a result of them liking me a lot but me not really feeling anything anymore :/ I just want to be able to study without interruptions and feel mentally healthy. Also, I have told them that I can't call until exams are over, just text, and they still pressure me into calling so idk

Should I just try hold out until exams are over or should I just break it off now?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Is it a good idea to do this? In a relationship and I want out. It feels like such an effort to talk to my s/o at the moment because I have my exams to study for, and I don't really know if I like them that much anyways. They keep pressuring me into calling them on the phone even though I'm studying, and I guess making me feel guilty for not wanting to hang out with them during this time when exams are happening. I just feel it will be messy and I don't want that to fuck with me when I have the biggest exams I have ever done that matter so much to me to worry about. It's weird because I won't really get stressed after studying for like 8 hours in a day, but I get stressed from literally seeing a text message from them, to the point where I feel like I can't do anything else and that I'm trapped I guess. This is a result of them liking me a lot but me not really feeling anything anymore :/ I just want to be able to study without interruptions and feel mentally healthy. Also, I have told them that I can't call until exams are over, just text, and they still pressure me into calling so idk

Should I just try hold out until exams are over or should I just break it off now?
Tbh if you get stressed out from seeing a text from them and you feel that you're trapped it might be for the best to just break up... also as you said you don't know if you have feelings still! If you really did still have feelings I guess by human instinct you'd try your best to fit both priorities in (which is really hard because it's HSC) so maybe you don't feel the same initial connection anymore.

Hope this helped :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Can you block their number and stuff so they can't contact you during the HSC period?

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Can you block their number and stuff so they can't contact you during the HSC period?
I guess I could. They really wouldn't take it well (like visibly upset) but tbh it would give me some peace of mind, as bad as it sounds.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
The real question here is do you still like the person? Because it doesn't sound like you do tbh

Me and my girlfriend during the HSC have setup a timetable together so we around 8~ study done (in theory) and only talk during breaks that we have set out. That way we get study done and can talk. But again, to reiterate, if you don't like them then just tell them that you're not feeling it and move on. Like I know it'll be tough, and it is important to consider that you may just be getting stressed with the HSC and therefore *feel* like you don't like her but in reality you still do.

Best of luck, :)

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Why don't you tell them all this?
Are they feeling stressed for the HSC too or are both your goals different?

EDIT: On second thought, potentially getting into a big discussion with them might stress you out more...

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Update: I'm having a conversation about whether we still wanna keep the relationship going on Monday after my visual arts exam, bc then i have a week break until modern so it won't be like super impacting. Thank you everyone for the replies, it really means a lot hahaha :)

bjw22

HSC
Now is a stressful time so don't make rash decisions but it doesn't sound like there is much connection left so...

lol me giving relationship advice. what a stitch up.

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
How did it all go?
Lol not how I had expected haha. We ended up staying together, but after we decided that they kinda pressured me even more into hanging out with them. Kinda reached a breaking point with like my mental wellbeing last night and now I'm not talking to them until 31st October (after my extension english exam) and I'm not seeing them in person until 8th November. Feels fkn good to not talk for a few days tho holy shit bc now I can actually study well now I guess

Black Elmo

HSC
Lol not how I had expected haha. We ended up staying together, but after we decided that they kinda pressured me even more into hanging out with them. Kinda reached a breaking point with like my mental wellbeing last night and now I'm not talking to them until 31st October (after my extension english exam) and I'm not seeing them in person until 8th November. Feels fkn good to not talk for a few days tho holy shit bc now I can actually study well now I guess
how did it go brah

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
how did it go brah
Oh wow this was ages ago (lowkey but highkey cringing at my posts about this hahaha). Overall was pretty messy and was not my favourite time. I defs could've done without all that and would've done way better in my HSC exams and gotten what I needed had it not been for all that drama. But hey I got to uni in the end and doing what I love. I'm basically proof that you can be a dumbass and still get to where you want to be. Also relationships ain't shit lol focus on school y'all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)