• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Briair Rose Need HElp ASAP PLZ! (1 Viewer)

Peteness

I got a essay to do and i dont understand the book properly
can someone give me tips,quotes, whateva is needed to this Q?

Yoeln has used a variety of technqiues to engage the audience with the text and to create the horror of Gemma's tale, xplian with detial reference to the text, how Yolen has done this?

Please help me with my essay =) really need to do this soon and im worried

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I am not sure if this is right ... but i will give it a shot anyway.

Yolen mutates a classic fairytale which everyone knows and uses it as a metaphor for the horror that gemma had to live through.
The reference from the text is the fairytale which is written in italics.

Again, I am not sure if this is right.

Peteness

thanks ne ways, cant ne one esel heplp out wif more info??? be really great ful

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
HMMM....thought id help...u....id upload my essay...but i dont expect u to ''PLAGARISE''....i never did....so i dont want anyone to learn my essay and write it an exam...its just basically a reference.....if u plagarise....so wud other students and then ur marks will go down in HSC as many people wud have similar stuff!

good luck

Last edited:

Freedom_Dragon

The 36th Dragon
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Peteness
I got a essay to do and i dont understand the book properly
can someone give me tips,quotes, whateva is needed to this Q?

Yoeln has used a variety of technqiues to engage the audience with the text and to create the horror of Gemma's tale, xplian with detial reference to the text, how Yolen has done this?

Please help me with my essay =) really need to do this soon and im worried
Arh, Yes
the novel Briar Rose somehow have brought back so much memories. According to memories Yolen has used many techniques. These include:

Multiple Narrative: Stories coming from many characters within the novel, gives their view as well as experiences of the holocaust. eg. Josef story telling at the end of the novel. Chose quotes from there u feel is significant to the horror Josef has exp.
"we save one.....they kill one thousand" im not too sure if this is the exact quote but according to memory it goes something like that, jus check it up to make sure.

Multiple narrative will then lead to journey, Becca travelling to piece the story together.(Becca's horrific discovery about Gemmas horrific past ect...

Fairytale allegory: Gemmas fairytale allegory, talk about how horrific her exp was, too horrible to tell straight out, so it was put into a fairytale form to engage the audience(creates mystery)

(metaphors eg: the gas that makes everyone go to sleep in the fairytale can be a metaphor of the german Nazis taking over etc).

There r so much more, but this is so lil of wat i can contribute.
Hope its helpful.

viz00u

HSC
OMG its soo close to the HSC, n i have lost my Briar Rose note and my related text for Dialogue i think im going mad

HSC
Peteness, that question is kind of easy in the sense that you are free to write about any of the many ways Yolen does creates the horror. Think of structure, style and language -> then move within these categories to select specific examples and points to illustrate.

Remember, with any essay you write continually refer back to the question - so in this case keep going back to engaging the audience and creating horror. So, as long as you know very well what Yolen does and how then just mold it to the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)