Briar Rose (1 Viewer)

HSC
i am summarising Briair Rose, but until now i only have things about symbolism, charcters, themes, structure, stting, irony, allegory, repetition, spare and heroic language...

i wanted to know what do we have to write for intertextuality [coz i only have less then a paragraph], narative voice/mutliple narrators, the holocaust and fairytale genre...

i knwo that most of these are related, but is there something we have to say about each of them, or can we just talk about all of them together, eg characterisation with the techniques etc

lundquist

HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
i am summarising Briair Rose, but until now i only have things about symbolism, charcters, themes, structure, stting, irony, allegory, repetition, spare and heroic language...

i wanted to know what do we have to write for intertextuality [coz i only have less then a paragraph], narative voice/mutliple narrators, the holocaust and fairytale genre...

i knwo that most of these are related, but is there something we have to say about each of them, or can we just talk about all of them together, eg characterisation with the techniques etc
Intertextuality in this story relates to the Briar Rose fairy tale being used as a metaphor for Gemmea's history. Gemma is passing on her story as storytellers have done since time immemorial by changing the story to suit her own life experiences.
Multiple narrators: Josef Potocki is the narrator in the middle section of the book titled 'Castle'. He speaks in the third person even though he's talking about himself. There is also the narrator of the fairy tale itself, which is written in italics and is Gemma's story. Then there is the story of Becca's quest to fulfill her grandmother's wish that she discover what her life was really about.
There are lots of sites that give information about the fairytale genre. This genre deals with issues of the inner life, rather than outer experiences. The fairy story helps Gemma come to terms with her horrific past and to speak of it out loud in a safe and symbolic way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)