Bride and Prejudice (1 Viewer)

Nelly_04

HSC
Being a big fan of Pride and Prejudice and a big fan of Bollywood, i thought i would like this movie....but i saw it today and i thought it was really terrible! The acting was pretty bad and the songs were laame....although there were some funny moments. There wasn't much chemistry between Aishwarya Rai and Darcy either.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i h8 aishwarya rai in this film...a few songs were lame yeh acting wasnt that bad tho, it wasnt spectacular but it was decent (e.g Anupam Kher - hes been in heaps of bollywood films) i think its just a light hearted film, its no Bend It Like Beckham yet its still enjoyable

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I saw the review on the movie show and its so funny seeing indians dealing with taboo subjects such as the guy tlkin about hollywood saying, "Women in Hollywood can be very bad, and some even turn into LESBIAN!" *Indian women gasp* "But u know what they say, No wife, no life". Oh and Ashanti is in it aswell, but i dono y and i dont think shes got a big part.

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
you see, with indian films i could never get over the part where you know there is always gona be a musical in it, all men and women singing and dancing at once.....

reminds me this episode in Simpsons when Apu came over to homer's house and showed an indian action movie, the guy in the movie fly kicked into a room with three men,and looked full on serious, like they are about to get into a fight and they suddenly just all started dancin,,,,,,, man that cracked me up every time i see that episode...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ohhhh i really want to see this film...

Edit: yes that was pure whinging/whining and unconstructive :p

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Steven12 said:
reminds me this episode in Simpsons when Apu came over to homer's house and showed an indian action movie, the guy in the movie fly kicked into a room with three men,and looked full on serious, like they are about to get into a fight and they suddenly just all started dancin,,,,,,, man that cracked me up every time i see that episode...
ROFL, ahh that was truly a classic simpsons outtake...

hehe i like indian movies , everyone looks like they are on springs

Last edited:

fuzzy~logic

i thought the movie ended too quickly...bend it was much better more witty...but i still was laughing heaps during it though

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
i was surprised to find out martin henderson's in it. i love anything P&P so i wanna see this.

somechick

HSC
N/A
i dont get it. In indian movies its wrong to kiss but there's a wave of new movies that are about lesbians, ho's dacing around with no clothes, and all this near-sex type like scenes but its forbidden to kiss? indian movie ethics are weird.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
pfft i havent seen heaps of indian movies, but the ones ive seen has had some sort of kissing in it

even if its an action movie

:p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I saw this film today and found it really funny.... the cheesy-ness and somewhat dodgy acting added to the adorable kitch-ness which gave the film it's charm in my opinion. Though it was strange to see a "Mr Darcy" who wasn't Colin Firth lol.

HSC
N/A
okay .. the movie
i dont think itz worth paying 12 bux to go and see
the movie itself was totally and utterly predictable [but what more can you expect from curry movies]
nd the songs used .. were far from good .. the only song that i actually found resembled a song from an indian movie [voice, accent, dance etc] was the 1st one..
the movie makes indian movies look pretty daimn gay..
which they arent .. predictable, but not all gay!
what did youz think of it?!
oh, one more thing.. they made ash look somewhat .. not like her usual self!

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Of course the movie is predictable, it is based on the book 'Pride and Prejudice',
I found the songs rather humorous and was laughing most of the time. It's nowhere as good as bend it like beckham. Meh, I'd watch it on a rainy day or when I'm feeling blue. I only paid $5 to see it... cheap tuesday's at greater union rock! :D

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
somechick said:
i dont get it. In indian movies its wrong to kiss but there's a wave of new movies that are about lesbians, ho's dacing around with no clothes, and all this near-sex type like scenes but its forbidden to kiss? indian movie ethics are weird.
oh the near sex scenes were like a substitute for sex itself...girls and guys wore white or thin saris and got wet and that was enough to constitute the sex bit of the movie.
oh there's kissing...now..because of this sudden urge by horny directors to get chicks to strut round topless just for the hell of it...it's subsiding somewhat now coz the public realised that girls on screen have boobs and legs just the same as girls off screen and kissing on screen...which has been withheld from the public for so long is just like doing it off screen..so most of the girls who rode the sex wave *ahem* mallika sherawat*ahem* are dropping out off the industry like cold hotcakes.

HSC
wanton-wonton said:
1) She's not a chick, she's a woman.
2) She is hideous.

coming from some ignorant moron who has some kind of natural disgust for indians. Even though he comes from a race who is classified as...well i won't say it it'll hurt your feeling too much and i wouldn't want that :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)