Bridging course for ICT (1 Viewer)

FiFa MVP

HSC
Hey guys, would anyone know what bridging course i would need for the ICT course. I only did General Maths and it saids assumed knowledge is HSC Mathematics. It also saids for one of the units i need to pass a general maths skills test online or something. Help much appreciated.

FiFa MVP

HSC
Anyone know who is doing ICT? Really need help, im confused.

LatK7

HSC
I did an optional bridging course for Computer Science in early 2008. For ICT i'm sure general maths would be fine. As for the online test perhaps ring the Uni to find out more? Often, the maths skills tests just allow you to skip a unit if you pass. Wheras if you fail you may have to do a make up maths unit later in the degree.

FiFa MVP

HSC
Yeh if you fail you have to do a maths toolbox thing. The assumed knowledge for the course saids Mathematics so im assuming im gonna have to do some bridging course, just dont know which ones exactly.

Anyone else know that can help me?

ravisammy

HSC
Well I'm doing ICT and have only done general maths just like you. I emailed SLU (Student Learning Unit) asking them which bridging courses they would recommend. They replied suggesting that i undertake 'unistep Algebra 1' and 'unistep statistics 1'. The email also spoke about a 'basic maths skills test' which we have to register for (later in the year) and complete.

FiFa MVP

HSC
Yeh well im now doing Business and Commerce and im doing the same bridging courses starting on Wednesday. I was planning on doing the test after my bridging course but if i can do it later in the year, that would be better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)