Bridging Course so short! (1 Viewer)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I'm intending to study in engineering and it's recommended to have done maths extension 1 in yr 12, which i didn't do.

Luckily usyd has a bridging course for that, i've applied for the "evening course" and going to pay it sometime next week ($180) :chainsaw:

I personally doubt that anyone can learn the whole 3-unit course in the length of the course (Mon Feb 13 to Thurs Mar 2, 2006 ~ 16 days) :eek:

What do you people who have done the course in year 12 think of it?

It's assumed that we'll be doing AT LEAST 2 hours of home work during the course. It will run Monday-Thursday, 6-8pm.

I reckon it's better to do the evening course because it's longer than the day one (Mon Feb 13 to Tue Feb 28, 2006 ~ 2 weeks) and you can go to the beach during the day :uhhuh:

desai

HSC
oh shit. i am also doing engineering in uni and was planning on doing bridging courses in both physics and chemistry (because im stupid and didnt do them in high school) and i didnt know we were already supposed to book! were we?

anways in response to your post i think they'll only teach us the stuff extremely relevant to the uni course and will not be teaching us all the theory and that. otherwise i dont know, except that everyone recommends it

sunny

meh.
HSC
Don't underestimate how compressed and fast uni can teach things. When people tell you doing two 14 week semesters a year is like doing the HSC twice they're not kidding.

ioniser

HSC
from my brothers and sisters experience they told me,its alot of work in those bridging courses and be expected to get lost in the lectures.Im getting a tutor for 4 unit,to help me cope with engineering next year this holis.I ve heard from other people's experience that 3 units generally struggle a bit in engineering so yeahh.......

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
I had a friend who did the 2U bridging course at Sydney Uni last year - the day course, which is 2 weeks long - and he said that they cut out the stuff you'll never need to know at uni, and focus on the important stuff. He's a below-average Maths student, but had no problems with the bridging course at all.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I think the cutting out of all the 'unusable' equations etc and formulas that wouldn't be need in your field of study can help a lot of people understand the concepts easier as sometimes it is that stuff that makes maths complicated.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Thanks for replies, in fact I did maths extension 1 in year 11 but dropped it in the end because i was going so bad at it.

I hope SOME of the stuff will be just revision for me as i did them in yr 11 (badly).

desai said:
oh shit. i am also doing engineering in uni and was planning on doing bridging courses in both physics and chemistry (because im stupid and didnt do them in high school) and i didnt know we were already supposed to book! were we?

anways in response to your post i think they'll only teach us the stuff extremely relevant to the uni course and will not be teaching us all the theory and that. otherwise i dont know, except that everyone recommends it
I looked up the chemistry & physics application system and they're different to the maths system.
http://www.chem.usyd.edu.au/future/bridging.html
http://physics.usyd.edu.au/ugrad/bridging.html

Both doesn't accept apply by web, so you have to mail in the given application form to them. Secondly both are much more expensive than the maths ones ($275 for chem & $295 for physics) :eek:

Thirdly:
The Physics Bridging course overlaps with the Chemistry Bridging course. If this is problem for you please contact Phil Dooley.
good luck

mtarlo11

HSC
i hafta do a 2 week bridging course in feb for engineering at wollongong

2 unit maths, extention maths, physics and chemstry.

should b fun...

has anyone done this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)