Bridging Course (1 Viewer)

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
Hey I'm new here and I'm in yr 11

I am sucking bad at mathematics and i know i really dont want to drop to general maths. I pretty much want to drop maths completely. The other subjects i do are:
Adv English, Software Design and Development, Society and Culture, Biology and Drama and i'm hoping to get about 85 for my uai, maths is the only subject im sucking at and i want to drop it!

I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about bridging courses in maths and whether they are worth it...

Huss

HSC
N/A
well if u suk at maths u still have a whole year to fix ur self up...i did yr 12 maths in yr 11 and i totally suked in it as well...but i kept it and now im doin alright so...

j0

yehh i sucked at maths in yrs 10 & 11... but i think its worth keeping, at least for the first term, so you can be certain about your other subjects, coz of scaling and stufff?
get a tutor
work your butt off
and you will be fine..
i'm not naturally good at maths, i mean it takes stacks of work, but i'm going well now...

Juliet

HSC
Maths is a bum. I was told not ta do it myself. But i did anyways...get a tutor, work a little hard, and the reward is a good scaled subject, u learn to think better (tis true) and u can go do a course that requires 2 unit, with no worry 'bout bridging courses. I sucked bad at it in Yr 11 as well, but u do start to understand things and then its not so bad.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
To put it bluntly - two years is a much better time period to learn mathematical thinking than six weeks. And the HSC course has another advantage - it's free! As Juliet said, if you get a tutor and stick to it you'll figure it all out. Believe me, I hadn't worked in maths since year 4, but once I knuckled down and worked through the problems (really hard because they bored me at first) I started to get it. Soon enough you'll enjoy the sensation of knowing exactly what to do when you see a problem :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)