Bridging course (1 Viewer)

zeek

HSC
I've decided to enrol in BIOL1001 and i haven't done HSC Biology. Do you think it's necessary to do the bridging course? Will i find BIOL1001 hard if i don't do the bridging course?

THX

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
According to the Science Handbook, for BIOL1001 (Concepts in Biology) no previous knowledge is required. However it goes on to say that it is recommended that you do the Biology Bridging course, although I think just might be a precaution or a safegaurd to ensure that you don't have too many difficulties throughout the course.

yosemite sam

HSC
I probly would so that you are kind of prepared and have a bit of a heads up on the stuff theyre talking about and dont feel snowed under.

zeek

HSC
What about stuff like physics, chem and maths? I haven't forgotten EVERYTHING but its not like i still know everything either... will we be revising over the content or will we be expected to know every single thing?

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
the people i talked to who did the biology bridging course said it was utterly useless and a waste of money. there is no way that they could touch on every aspect of general biology required for this course in that short amount of time
so i wouldnt waste my money, but be prepared to find it challenging

also if youve done chem phys and maths at school and didnt fail hideously dont do the bridging course. once they start lecturing, it will all come back to you. you will have a heads up on a good lot of people there (like me last year) and they don't do all the stuff from the hsc course. you will find the bridging courses very basic and boring

..:''ooo

HSC
don't ever do the biology bridging course. its a waste of time and money x 100000. the lady who does the lectures is so boring and they rush through it really quick it's kinda hectic.

chemistry bridging course is pretty good though i must admit

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i didnt do HSC bio and i got a distinction in Biology in first year uni. it wasn't hard, just voluminous. I wouldnt bother with the bridging course, enjoy the holidays while you have them!

jessamine

HSC
Mambomeg said:
i didnt do HSC bio and i got a distinction in Biology in first year uni. it wasn't hard, just voluminous. I wouldnt bother with the bridging course, enjoy the holidays while you have them!
do you think id cope if i didn't read through hsc excel bio first? :p

tennille

HSC
You'll be fine. I didn't do a bridging course or read the HSC textbook, and I managed to get a credit. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)