Bridging course (1 Viewer)

doma

rite...
HSC
ive only done general maths for my HSC and going to engineering.

and engineering assumes ex1 maths, if i go for ext1 maths bridging course will it be too hard for to learn in those classes?

any other options/comments?

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
general maths is quite different to 2u maths.. and extension one maths is like 2u maths but with more thought processes, and therefore, harder work

i did extension one maths last year and was quite challenged. Engineering is based on alot of math/physics so your maths skills will have to be VERY competent. Thats why i chose Architecture (foundation course.. not in the degree yet) because it has similarities with eng. but with less physical basis (i quit Physics in year 11 :D)

i reckon you can study your ass off in the bridging course and also get some extra tutoring during the year and you should be able to keep up with the difficulty. but be prepared for a huge shock when you see the stuff they are gonna teach you in ext 1 maths.. its fkn hard and VERY different to the general maths syllabus

good luck!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
dude, i did 2 unit as well and im doing mechatronics at usyd
its a VERY good idea to do a bridging course for engineering, its not compolsory, but its a very good idea

first year engineering is basically all maths when you think about it... and if you cant cop with maths e1, then yeah...

the success rate of people who only did 2unit maths and doing engineering that pass first year is quite low - thats what one of the advisors told me today when i was enrolling..

so just do the briging course! hahah its free at uts anyway isnt it?

anyway, good luck!!

doma

rite...
HSC
wha, hope i can cope with the bridging courses first!

might need to start bugging me chinese mates now too:/

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hahah your friends doing a briding course too?

yeah the advisor told me and everyone else who didnt do 3u to REALLY study hard for the bridging course...

so yeah, sounds a bit daunting aye? but i guess if u sstudy, you'll be right.

doma

rite...
HSC
yeh, im hoping a crapload of study will be enuff for my brain to understand

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
yeah you better be prepared to learn fast, because elec eng. is based largly around complex numbers and other ext2 and higher concepts and they work you up to this level over the first semester assuming you did 3u maths, so you have ~20 weeks to learn 2u, 3u, and much of 4u + other subjects... may the force be with you

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
holy cow!!!!
im doing telecommunicatoin engineeering
do i need to do that bridging thing too next week?
shit its next week i better apply this week !!!!
hahaah
and also 3U maths is quite easy i recon..
its the 4U maths in Maths Modelling 2 thats gonna fail me !!!!
i also need to do a bridging course for PHysics coz i didnt do physics for the HSC .. and that costs $100 at UTS also on next week !!!!!!

Most of my mates fail at least 1 subject in engineering, most of them fail Maths 2.. !!! hehehe but some of my mates pass them all !!!! it depends how hard you work or how smart you are i guess.. and i have a few friends that failed all 8 of their subjects.. and yeah i think one of dem dropped out of uni and went to tafe .

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hahah yeah im ridging course at usyd starts on the 16th!
muahUAHh

anyway, good luck to you all!
and study hard :)

god speed.

Static

HSC
doma, could you have possibly been in my class (bridging) today?
i was in gerard boardmans 3unit bridding class?

Static

HSC
lol, nopez, meh gonna sit at front my eyes are screwed, understood most of it, but couldn't see from the back! last topic we did was "hard" but i guess it shouldnt be a problem. Everything else seemed okay. I think the biggest shock was #1 not using a pen for so long, on top of the using my brain lol.

MoNNiE

HSC
nooo.. not 3unit again! actually 3 unit is pretty alrite.. it's just like an extension of 2 unit.. with harder examples..

i'm soo happy we don't have to do chemistry at uts..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)