Bridging Courses (1 Viewer)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I'm doing the Maths Extension 1 evening classes.

T_T the first class was just basically revision, but its difficulty increased exponentially to superhard.

natalicious

HSC
Yes I'm doing a Biology Bridging course this Thurs...9-5pm...longer than school hours!! Sounds like a major cramming session in the 5 days!

Do you know if I can get my access card during that time?...where exactly do I go again? ...plz help

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
natalicious said:
Yes I'm doing a Biology Bridging course this Thurs...9-5pm...longer than school hours!! Sounds like a major cramming session in the 5 days!

Do you know if I can get my access card during that time?...where exactly do I go again? ...plz help
take your reciept from enrollment fees to manning house and they'll do you access card.
ps. good luck with bio. theres alot of content :)

hysteria

HSC
yeah i started yesterday...2u maths - it's not as hard as i thought it would be

>monkey<

HSC
natalicious said:

Ill be seeing u there natty! im doing bio bridging course also. I also need to get my access card!...do we need to bring a photo or do they take our photo?

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
>monkey< said:
Ill be seeing u there natty! im doing bio bridging course also. I also need to get my access card!...do we need to bring a photo or do they take our photo?
No, the access card is a lot more "high-tech" than your student card. They take a photo from their webcam and imprint it instantly (well about 30 seconds) onto the card.

Quintin

HSC
I am 3 days into my syd uni maths 2 unit one. My tutor is excellent, but i can not see how it is applicable to my commerce degree.

hysteria

HSC
Tommy_69 said:
the Day session?
yep the day session...

so far the stuff been pretty easy - hopefully it'll get harder because so far i'm not getting $295 worth

EDIT: Actually i'm not getting my money's worth - i really thought it was going to be challenging because i got a band 2 in maths

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Yeah it's been ok so far. Apparently its gonna start getting a lot harder tomorrow. Fuck I hate "abstract" maths. *sobs* Why am I doing commerce dammit.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I start my bridging course tomorrow. Statistics for Psychology. I am definitely not looking forward to it. I haven't done any sort of mentally challenging work since last October and I haven't done any maths since i finished school a year ago. Ug.

9-5 is steep! mine is 10-1 for 6 days.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
The_Apprentice said:
Yeah it's been ok so far. Apparently its gonna start getting a lot harder tomorrow. Fuck I hate "abstract" maths. *sobs* Why am I doing commerce dammit.
I did a 2unit bridging course, and i found it a total waste of money and time considering my majors. I'm majoring in Marketing and International Business and only reason why i did the bridging course was that i thought i would need it for first year acct, econ and ecmt....but i never used what i learnt (we learnt differential calculas, thats it). Its best just to use the maths learning centre throughout the year to get assistance to any mat related problems you have.

ecmt, acct and econ were doable, with study and hard work. Considering i never did maths in Yr 11 and 12, it was alright. If you intend to do an econ major then the 2unit maths bridging course is useful, for any other major then my opinion is that its useless (unless they've chnaged the course dramatically from when i did it in 2003)!!!

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
hysteria said:
yep the day session...

so far the stuff been pretty easy - hopefully it'll get harder because so far i'm not getting $295 worth
same. small class as still not everyone knows each other haha. im the constant late arriver!

HSC
N/A
I did a 2unit bridging course, and i found it a total waste of money and time considering my majors. I'm majoring in Marketing and International Business and only reason why i did the bridging course was that i thought i would need it for first year acct, econ and ecmt....but i never used what i learnt (we learnt differential calculas, thats it). Its best just to use the maths learning centre throughout the year to get assistance to any mat related problems you have.

ecmt, acct and econ were doable, with study and hard work. Considering i never did maths in Yr 11 and 12, it was alright. If you intend to do an econ major then the 2unit maths bridging course is useful, for any other major then my opinion is that its useless (unless they've chnaged the course dramatically from when i did it in 2003)!!!
Hey zannaz, I'm majoring in marketing and looking at int business too. Thats such a relief hearing that someone ina similiar position as myself has made it through those nasty looking "core" units. I cant see how the stuff I'm doing at the 2u bridging course is going to help me in first year subjects. But my tutor reckons that all first year core commerce subjects are founded on stuff like this. I'm confused. and anxious.

frootloop

HSC
I finished my chem bridging course on Wednesday actually! It wasn't too bad... just hope I don't forget everything by the time uni starts. :)

Waking up so early and travelling there everday took ages... I was so tired by the end of it. :sleep:

Mmmm... sleeping in is nice.

Sham

92NTY6
HSC
just finished my chem one as well..
they weren't kidding when they said 'intense'.
but at least i dont feel like im flying blind now. whew.

12 hour days including travel - won't be missing that for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)