Bridging Courses (1 Viewer)

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Can someone please explain how bridging courses work?
Is it the HSC course in a shorter time pretty much? Is there a HSC equivalent test afterwards?

Last month University of Newcastle sent me a letter about bridging courses for Engineering
According to the letter you need at least a band 5 in Maths
It doesn't say anything about a bridging course in my offer:

Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) - full or part time at University of Newcastle, Callaghan campus

Offer text:

Offer note 1:
Offer note 2:

I cruised through prelim but then dropped MX1 and got my shit together for the HSC. I ended up getting a 69, just missing out on a band 4.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
A bridging course usually gets you to take two units over the year from the course you want to study as well as another 6 units of general uni courses - ie writing essays, referencing, studying and all that jazz which is appropriated to your course.

Nothing like doing HSC again.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially bridging courses condense the content from the HSC-equivalent subject into a short period (e.g. 2 weeks). I'm not too sure whether there are tests though. I wouldn't expect there to be so.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
A bridging course usually gets you to take two units over the year from the course you want to study as well as another 6 units of general uni courses - ie writing essays, referencing, studying and all that jazz which is appropriated to your course.

Nothing like doing HSC again.
oh ok. how would that work with maths?

Essentially bridging courses condense the content from the HSC-equivalent subject into a short period (e.g. 2 weeks). I'm not too sure whether there are tests though. I wouldn't expect there to be so.
ok thankyou :)

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Good luck fitting a year of Maths in 2 weeks (whilst actually absorbing it properly)

=/
well I actually do know the course
while I'm not great at Maths, I do alright with it.
I'm just not an azn genius like every other mofo...

kcqn93

HSC
I have friends who did 2 unit maths and cruised through uni maths. First year maths is quite easy. Just use google and youtube.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
I have friends who did 2 unit maths and cruised through uni maths. First year maths is quite easy. Just use google and youtube.
But I'm doing ~~Civil Engineering~~
I needed a Band 5 in HSC Maths; and because I didn't get one, I need to do bridging course

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Do the bridging course. You'll be right mate. Plus it will help you with other stuff too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)