Bridging Courses? (1 Viewer)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i just checked the bridging course workshop site it says 'If Start Date has passed, you cannot register for it anymore' but what if i get an offer in the late round and i need a bridging course and the start date has passed? i got this brochure and it says u can purchase a self study book or something, can i do it from dat, or is the bridging course necassary for entry into the uni course? Also just an idea - can i go to a bridging course that has nothing to do with my uni course - just 4 self knowledge?

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You don't need to do a bridging course for entry to the uni course that your doing. Your entry to the uni course is solely determined by your uai. You do a bridging course if it says assumed knowledge and you haven't done the subject or if you feel your not confident in a subject which is based in some subjects.

klh

HSC
thats just extra help fro you if you feel you need it. really, you'll cover most of what you'll need in first year subjects, as long as you can write, understand and read, you should be o.k.
also, there are sessions during semester..which are you interested in? if it was maths, there is a maths person at each campus who can help you with any problems, or go to the lecturer, they love keen students who arent wasting their time.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
phew! k tenx guys, yep klh, im mainly interested in the maths one coz i did maths at skool but i skrewd it up cos i focused on my other subjects which was a pretty silly thing since im going to require it now, so i wanna redo it as a summarised course but yeah if d brigding isnt necassary ill just buy a book and study it on my own.

klh

HSC
what course are you in or wanting to be in?
tutors and lecturers can help and give hints on which books to get.
Googling things is also a good teechnique, or make friends with a really smart person who can teach you how to do it.
you can do the unistep basic algebra or the advanced one

ive always like them excel books, well summarised.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
yeh i think excel will do, it helped me in my other courses, ive secured engineering - which i know is almost everything mathematical!! (so a bit concerned...) but waiting to see if i get late offers in b computing and IT and stuff like dat

klh

HSC
whoa..engineering???
sheeza..yes maths it is for you, take the engineerng maths bridging course one, it'll help heaps. a friend of mine did 3 unit and got a credit and i overheard from him and others that the maths units in engineeringhave a high failure rate..not too scare you but you need sharp maths skills. another friend failed it coz its too hard. the stuff you learn in high school is basic to what you learn in engineering though, more concepts and crap...arggghh

but you go to penrith if its eng, so there is a maths officer at P building ground floor near the exit opposite to some science rooms.

seems like you chose the comp/tele/elec eng right?
you also have to learn programming in c++ in first semester in Eng Computing unit. My friend failed it becasue its way harder than the computing units in the computing course, in his opinion in comparison to my unit, programming principles 1.

Last edited:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
yepo im scared already! lol. im thinking of computer eng coz i done software and ipt at skool and passed them all so easy but yeah maths is my problem...well i know i can do better in it if i keep doing questions if i focus on it but since i done only 2u maths and i need ext 1/2 maths in uni........im still thinking what uni course to choose if i get a late round offer...maybe ill do the B IT coz it dosent have as much complexity as engineering...still thinking bout what to do..

klh

HSC
B IT is known by lectureres to cover the broad computing skills.
B Comp sci is more for the computer programmer etc
B Computing is business computing more, more flexible and wider range of majors to do like web programming and ebusiness etc.

i wanted to do IT and went to D-day and asked whats it about, she is like IT covers the whole of computing skills, both business and programming skills. so its up to you.
i'm sure you can do well...just ask smart 3-4unit kids, try to make friends or crack onto some nerdy guys. OR work as hard as you can-the more time you put into study, the more you get out-trust me, i didnt do very well in Accounting but crammed my ass off in stuvac [not advised to cram] and used more time which helped me earn a good mark.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
okies i listed most of them as preferences 4 late round....still not sure which one to pick but yeah dat also depends if i get an offer in late round but B computing seems good coz i looked it up and az u said it says stuff bout business - looks like ders more job opportunities 4 it compared 2 the otherz...many thanx :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)