Bridging Visa E (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Bridging Visa E's exist as a logical answer to a problem, it is a way to allow an asylum seeker into the community whilst a decision is made. The restrictions are made to intentionally prevent integration into society as such integration could affect their case.

Medicare is witheld as they can not work therefore can not pay the medicare levy they are not entitled to it. This is regrettable and I think that an exception should be made, they should be entitled to free basic medical attention.

The problem with such visas come in that they are not being used for their designed purpose, they are not designed as a visa for people who are going to be here six years, they are intended to be very short visas. It is more the length of time spent on deliberating/procrastinating/prevaricating that is the problem than the visa itself.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I just don't understand how the immigration department can allow people to be on these visas for years and years where they have no ability to work, access health care or study. It is barbaric. Plus it is illogical that Naomi Leong's mother was granted medicare access, but not the child when the child needs treatment for the injuries inflicted by the immigration department and their policies.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
If I didn't know that it was illegal to drive without a licence, it still would mean I was breaking the law if I did. The government would know.... but even if they didn't, it is no excuse. There is no excuse for such inhumane treatment of other human beings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)