Brief Description of what do you do in Aviation & Interior Design (1 Viewer)

stuffedforhsc

im not smart =(
HSC
=[..
im sorry i'm not exactly sure on what i am headed to! i really enjoy rooms and decorating but aviation sounds interesting..
is aviation like .. something to do with airplanes?.. can somebody describe..
What is Aviation?
What do you at Uni for interior design? give me examples of major works that are given to you =S
sorry.. if i posted in teh wrong section! but im dying and its year 11.. i feel so indecisve =p..
im doin physics.. (does aviation require that?).. but i'm thinking of dropping it to do textiles and design (might help me with int. design?)
help really neeeded!

Thought Shark

HSC
You're in Year 11. Go to the open days, go to the lectures and listen in and decide - you have ages to decide and more likely than not, you're going to want something completely different in 2 years.

Aviation is the study of flying and whatnot - have a look on the UNSW Handbook.

Interior Design is exactly that - you learn about the theory behind designing interiors and you apply your knowledge through practical exams.

No courses require any subjects, but some have assumed knowledge, which basically means that it is a helpful thing to know for the subject. Textiles and Design is more along the lines of fashion and stuff, well at least what I have seen of my girlfriend's work in the subject. It looks like a bit of a waste of time.

But basically, your HSC subjects don't mean shit when you are going to uni - they are mainly there to make up your UAI, except higher levels of Maths, which may be needed for a lot of degrees; mainly business and engineering degrees.

Evilo

HSC
Thoughtshark pretty much answered everything, but ill just support his comments.

Aviation will be much harder to get into (well the practical aspects anyway).

Interior design is pretty cushy tbh, i think its a borderline tafe subject (despite the fact i considered it for a while). From my experience, its the degree of choice for northshore housewives to go "back to uni" (for the first time lol).

Evilo

HSC
lol whatever floats your boat. :)

stuffedforhsc

im not smart =(
HSC
ok.. crap aviation hard to get into?!..
is Int Design, sorta like what Ikea has?.. those show rooms =p.. um. Does Aviation need alot of maths =S.. sorry guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)