Bright Eyes coming! (1 Viewer)

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Does anyone hear love Bright Eyes (and their enigmatic lead singer, Conner Oberst) as much as I do?? (A lot!) Anyways, my friend and I just discovered that Bright Eyes will be supporting REM on their Aussie tour next year, which sucks because Im not willing to shell out $90 for a band I despise just to see the opening act... I've heard rumours of side shows, but I'll bet any money that they're going to be at over 18s venues (which rules me out)... Finger crossed guys!

HSC
OLD NEWS.

I'd only go to get down Conor's pants.
He's rather attractive, but that's all really.

oh yeah, and his side project band are good too.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
thecurtainfalls said:
OLD NEWS.

I'd only go to get down Conor's pants.
He's rather attractive, but that's all really.

oh yeah, and his side project band are good too.
side shows rumoured, not confirmed.

technically tilly and the wall isn't a side project, conor just produced the album, but apparently it sounds like a cross between BE and architecture in helsinki (for those JJJ adherents who know what i'm talking about). and the TatW album "wild like children" got three and a half stars in last month's RS. sure it's worth a listen. meanwhile darlings, keep an eye on the metro pages for side show news!!!

(this is caitlin welsh, reporting for the BOS entertainment channel. :rolleyes: )

HSC
welshi said:
side shows rumoured, not confirmed.

technically tilly and the wall isn't a side project, conor just produced the album, but apparently it sounds like a cross between BE and architecture in helsinki (for those JJJ adherents who know what i'm talking about). and the TatW album "wild like children" got three and a half stars in last month's RS. sure it's worth a listen. meanwhile darlings, keep an eye on the metro pages for side show news!!!

(this is caitlin welsh, reporting for the BOS entertainment channel. :rolleyes: )
i was talking about the desaparecidos actually.
but this tilly and the wall band are sounding kinda promising too.

artfag

Banned
HSC
lost in translation is the bright eyes of movies

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Ok, whatever... back to the topic, I saw Architecture in Helsinki when they supported belle & sebastian this year, and they were really good, so tilly and the wall is sounding promising... I really hope I can get a fake ID by the time BE come to Australia (I think its pretty definite that they'll be doing a Metro show)
Thanks for the info caitlin!

Brad

Bright eyes will play the gaelic club on the 1st of april i think it was. I'm gunna be there!!! yay for me.

HSC
TaperJeanGirl said:
Ok, whatever... back to the topic, I saw Architecture in Helsinki when they supported belle & sebastian this year, and they were really good, so tilly and the wall is sounding promising... I really hope I can get a fake ID by the time BE come to Australia (I think its pretty definite that they'll be doing a Metro show)
Thanks for the info caitlin!

if you're in sydney and interested, architecture in helsinki will be playing at the kirk (it's this ex-church/chapel new venue across the road from the bat n ball hotel in surry hills) all ages show. check their site for more details!

welshi

HSC
i got my tickets this morning!!!!
ahhhh. i shall be there when conor et al play the metro on april second. and i just saw the shins there last week too, lovely boys... AgHHH! i can't believe it! this is so cool.

by the way, all ye old-school BE fans, have you noticed how popular dear conor is all of a sudden since IWAIM and DAIADA came out. "the next dylan", says NME. well, WE COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT!!!

thecurtainfalls said:
if you're in sydney and interested, architecture in helsinki will be playing at the kirk (it's this ex-church/chapel new venue across the road from the bat n ball hotel in surry hills) all ages show. check their site for more details!
incidentally AiH are playing at usyd o week. hurrah!

welshi

HSC
Grobus said:
Theres a laughable claim from a publication notorious for hype.
lol i know. i love them but they are prone to declare every third collection of hirsutely handsome scouse boys in neckscarves the saviours of rock'n'roll. look at the vines - it is well known that having NME declare you the Next Big Thing is an instant jinx on your career.

but conor's advantage is that he's already got a huge indie following. you don't get simultaneous #1 & #2 on the billboard sales charts without either a shitload of teenybop hype or a well-established, dedicated fanbase.

(listen to me, i sound like a rock journalist. ROLLING STONE: HIRE ME ALREADY, DAMMIT!)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I basically dont read any music publications because I get so sick of them being so unreliable. I think a lot of dodgy stuff goes on with bribes for hype aswell, I know it happens a lot in video game journalism.

I tend to get my recommendations from people on this board. Users like Shock_Troop, jebushchrist, vordhosbn, Mistah_Fuji and damnrealb know what they are talking about even if they can be arrogant pricks at times.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Got my tickets for bright eyes a few weeks ago for the Metro show on April 2nd. Conor Oberst is no Bob Dylan, but great nonetheless.

...and i saw Architecture in Helsinki open Belle & Sebastian, they were good but for me you can't top belle and sebastian, they were too good on that night!

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
why do we need a new bob dylan?
the old one isnt dead yet, and he wasnt that fucking great to begin with.
I have a lot of respect for your taste in music so Ill just agree to disagree with you on this one.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I can see why Bob Dylan cops a lot though - he couldnt sing and he wasnt a very good guitarist.

Luckily he had what I consider to be the best lyrics ever written. Or sung as it was.

welshi

HSC
Grobus said:
I can see why Bob Dylan cops a lot though - he couldnt sing and he wasnt a very good guitarist.

Luckily he had what I consider to be the best lyrics ever written. Or sung as it was.
very true. he was a poet and philosopher who had his work exposed to an unprecedented audience who luckily didn't mind that he was a songwriter, not a musician.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)