Bright students 'betrayed' by HSC (2 Viewers)

ptrgrgry

HSC
as a rural student i think they should be considerate of the people who have to fly down to sydney to look at a uni for a day. study lectures in sydney or newcastle that city kids would go to are out of the question. i... i just think the system works but students do get disadvantaged by living in rural areas and that should be considered.
At my school, going to the State Library is an excursion for extension students because our local library only supplies books to the elderly and preschoolers. Rural schools suck! ... But I don't want any 'extra' ATAR bonuts or other special considerations I mean I'm perfectly capable of getting a great ATAR even if I have to teach myself chunks of courses or go out of my way to get resources. What would be better is greater financial allocation to rural schools.

Last edited:

dvse

HSC
N/A
The problems run deeper than the article suggests - HSC curriculum in virtually every subject is more or less a waste of time for better students. The best among them compete for that extra 0.1 on their UAI by rote learning complete garbage (e.g. compare 4U maths with "real" mathematics), instead of getting an actual education.

The only thing that goes on in years 11 and 12 is teaching to the exam, learning be damned.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i believe q 7/8's in the 4unit paper is great. promotes and encourages thinking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)