bringing dvds, portable dvd players and cds overseas (1 Viewer)

HSC
has anyone gone overseas and bring ther dvds, portable dvd players or cds with them in the past year? if you have then what happens with the customs clearance thing when i get back home cos of the airport security laws being a bitch lately. do i have to bring my receipt along to prove that these items belong here? do i still need to pay a fine?
i tried calling the customs but they're not available on weekends.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
You don't do anything. If it's on the items to declare form then declare it, if not then don't worry. I think they'll be more worried about food products and dirt if you're coming back from Asian or eatern Europe.

And when I came back (London at the beginning of this year) I had a discman, about 40 CD's (half from os) and my phone and heaps of other products...they don't really care.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Shouldnt matter.

Electronics isnt a big deal unless your purchases go over a certain value I think but even then it really isnt serious.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
No one cares, just don't have the box or wrapper you bought it in with you if you buy overseas and bring in. Everyone travels with laptops, digital cameras and other electronics items customs would be swamped if they tried to find out who bought it where.

What you are talking about isn't a security issue it's a tax issue, and lately security has been rating higher than tax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)