Bringing in non-water drinks into HSC exam (1 Viewer)

matty fwd

HSC
Can I bring in any drink I want (obviously non-alcoholic) into the exam room?

sasquatch

HSC
just bring a opaque water bottle..fill it up with whatever you want..alcohol..red bull..coffee..coke..orange juice..

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
sasquatch said:
just bring a opaque water bottle..fill it up with whatever you want..alcohol..red bull..coffee..coke..orange juice..
The water bottle can't be opaque- it has to be completely transparent. As for the poster's question, I guess it depends on the drink you're thinking of taking in... what is it?

maskd

HSC
No, you are not allowed to drink anything that is not water. And like dagwoman said, the bottle must be completely transparent.

T

Testpilot

Vodka and water look the same:), but why you'd wanna get pissed in the HSC exam is something i dont understand.

n8r

HSC
You guys are so careful, I'm bringing in my mp3 player. How else I'm I going to survive 3hrs of economics.

maskd

HSC
n8r said:
You guys are so careful, I'm bringing in my mp3 player. How else I'm I going to survive 3hrs of economics.
From boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/hsc_rules_procedures_06.pdf:

(iv) You must not:
(b) take any electronic device into the examination room, unless approved by
the Board of Studies;

I think a device that is capable of holding notes if not going to be approved by the Board of Studies, and I doubt an examiner will be bothered to look through it to see that there is only music on there.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
n8r said:
Good luck bring it in and good luck being allowed to actually use it, which is very unlikely that it will happen. You do know you can leave any HSC exam after the first hour and anytime up until 15 minutes before finishing time otherwise you have to stay for the remaining 15 minutes.

matty fwd

HSC
Argh! i always drink gatorade in my exams. Is there anything official on this? Or are you guys saying you can't based on past experience?

maskd

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Good luck bring it in and good luck being allowed to actually use it, which is very unlikely that it will happen. You do know you can leave any HSC exam after the first hour and anytime up until 15 minutes before finishing time otherwise you have to stay for the remaining 15 minutes.
Don't know why you'd do that, that way you can't take the question booklet with you.

maskd

HSC
matty fwd said:
Argh! i always drink gatorade in my exams. Is there anything official on this? Or are you guys saying you can't based on past experience?
I remember a bloke who works for the school and comes in to overlook the HSC exams each year sat the yeargroup down and told us some rules, water in a tranparent bottle being one of them.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Will that reflect badly on you. Like, do they make a note of it or anything? I'm thinkig about doing that in Extension Maths, and I'm not going to beother studying for it, but it won't constsitute a non-serious attempt will it?

Also, does anyone know if you can bring in tissues. I always seem to get a runny nose during exams, and because everything has to be transparent, I figured I wouldn't be allowed to bring in one of those travel packs. Tissues could have writing on them so would they check for it? Anywho's am I allowed to take in tissues?

No offence to the guy with the ipod, but that is a frigon dumb idea. You will get caught and you will get zero for the paper. I think it is better to be careful when it comes to the HSC, than completely stupid.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
Will that reflect badly on you. Like, do they make a note of it or anything? I'm thinkig about doing that in Extension Maths, and I'm not going to beother studying for it, but it won't constsitute a non-serious attempt will it?
As far as I know nobody will know you left early i.e. no notes on you departing early will be made. However I could be wrong about that but I can't really see them making a note when someone leaves early. Well as long as you attempt parts of the paper to the best of your ability and not put stupid answers then its an attempt.

maskd said:
Don't know why you'd do that, that way you can't take the question booklet with you.
Well if you can't do anymore of the paper and made your best attempt no point in sticking around and waiting.

Last edited:

matty fwd

HSC
I can't see anything specific about drinking from http://boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/hsc_rules_procedures_06.pdf

(iv) You must not:

(e) attend an examination while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs;

(h) eat in the examination room except as approved by the presiding officer

So as long as my bottle meets the equipment standards (i.e. clear)....then shouldn't I ok according to this?

sly_skittle

HSC
our school told us that we aren't even allowed to take a clear bottle of water in- they said that if we needed some they'd give us a glass -and if we want to leave the exam early we have to leave all our pens and stuff and come back and get them at the end. I don't know where they got our supervisors from!

ashh

HSC
we were told since like year 10 that we can't take any kind of drink in2 the exam, no waterbottle or wateva, unless its 4 special requirements or wateva...r they just being really really strict? coz it always seemed stupid 2 evry1 i no...

NueContura

HSC
my school just want our water bottles to be see-through.....
and non alcoholic drinks.....

although vodka instead of water could be fun for Studies of Religion exam....
hehehe...i could label it ''jesus juice''

hahahaha.....

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I just re-read that document and no where do I say you are prohibited from bringing in panadol to the examination room.

Does anyone have any information on this? I mean naturally the panadol would be for headaches. lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)