Broadway Shopping Centre- Student Parking (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I checked on their website, and they offer all day parking to students for $10, but only on levels 3A and 4.

Has anyone ever parked there before? Does it get pretty packed quite quickly (around what time)? Where can I park if i drive to uni? I'm thinking of parking there around 8.30-9am on friday.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
kokodamonkey plz look at this thread plz

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
PEOPLE WHO DRIVE TO UNI

where do you park!?

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
she has a night planned for sexing ok. the backseat of a car is reuired

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Who the fuck would drive to Uni... and if it's that necessary... find some backstreet in Glebe or Newtown to park on
backstreets eh... i wonder if theres parking metres/time limits

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
most is time limits. usually 1-2 hours but if you're lucky you might find a four hour one. there's some all day free parking in back streets near redfern but there's about a one in a million chance of getting a spot there. you just have to drive around the backstreets a lot to try and find a spot. and whilst doing that, learning where the good all day spots are. :).

leisl1990

HSC
PEOPLE WHO DRIVE TO UNI

where do you park!?
I can give you a summary of what i know about parking

Free spots:
If you have classes near the quad, the most economic location to park in is probably on Parramatta rd between 10am and 3pm. Normally there'll still be spaces near the vetinerary hospital available if u get there a bit late say 12pm. B

In Darlington, there are some 1 hr and 2hr spots around the public school and E&B building.
there are all day free spots on rose street, the street outside the aquatic centre and shepherd st. From my experience, rose st is normally full after 7am, Shepherd about 7:30. But you can always try your luck any time of the day on these streets.

I'm not so familiar with the situation in Glebe and Forrest lodge, but im aware that there are some spots right next to the footbridge.

Shepherd st car park, some people say parking inspectors never check cars in the park and my investigation did prove that loads of people parked there without a ticket or a permit. But they're doing a trial with paying by phone or something, so that may have got something to do with it. Anyway, if you have the ball you can do it.

paid spots:
City rd and darlington rd have pay parking spots at $3.30 per hour, which is all right if just go to a lecture for like 2 hrs.

parking on campus after 3pm is $2 per hour to a maximum of $6

or $24 for parking on campus for a full day, which i've seen some people do but im not sure if they're students

Rpa medical centre has $9 all day for students and its a bit closer to uni than broadway

And finally lots of people park their cars in a 2 hr spot and go back every 2 hours and check if there's any chalk mark on the tyres to avoid paying or moving their cars around, which i think is just morally wrong and may not work

I wouldn't encourage driving to uni and yes parking is sometimes a pain, but its still less painful than standing in a cramped train carriage and rubbing your chest on strangers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)