brokeback mountain (1 Viewer)

dora_18

HSC
GemmaHavok said:
I was seriously disappointed with the film. It was tehnically good but in whole, was just another chick flick.
it definetly wasnt a chick flick! acctualy...the movie was a bit boring..if it wasnt for the 2 guys getting it on with some kinky cowboy sex i would have left halfway through...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
dora_18 said:
if it wasnt for the 2 guys getting it on with some kinky cowboy sex i would have left halfway through...
You're just all class aren't you :p

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
i actually thought this was a pretty fucking good movie considering the hype. probably the best movie ive seen so far this year since a history of violence. and kudos to whoever said they couldnt understand what the fuck heath ledger was saying half the time.

kiteblood

HSC
I loved everything about this film. I think that a lot of the people who found it 'slow' didn't really appreciate the subtlety of the way the relationship developed. I'd go on about why it was so wonderful, but I think everyone who gets it gets it.
And I haven't cried in a movie since they killed off Macaulay Culkin in My Girl with the bees and HE CAN'T SEE WITHOUT HIS GLASSESSSS!#(2%?*@&11!11!!!!.

It's just that tragic.

Does anyone else think Heath Ledger often looked like he was about to burst out laughing at inappropriate moments? I wish he could have perfected his accent a little more too.

HSC
Omg its just such a beautiful movie with just a complete mix of emotions. I think it was slow yet fast which is totally contradicting but its just such a unique film in how its made, ive never seen an ang lee film so i didnt know what to expect with the directing although i had heard it was raw. Dont you just feel excited to fall in love? I did after seeing it. I think im gonna go see it again with my friend lol i love a true love story....non of this corny hilary duff crap, the real deal.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Curious comment indeed, but great art works on many levels Nick ;)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Lil Miss Karly said:
Omg its just such a beautiful movie with just a complete mix of emotions. I think it was slow yet fast which is totally contradicting but its just such a unique film in how its made, ive never seen an ang lee film so i didnt know what to expect with the directing although i had heard it was raw. Dont you just feel excited to fall in love? I did after seeing it. I think im gonna go see it again with my friend lol i love a true love story....non of this corny hilary duff crap, the real deal.
It had a mix of emotions, it was fast & slow, and it made you feel excited to fall in love? Right.

HSC
So what? I said I had a contradicting opinion. Theres not one right way to view a movie - everyone can interpret it how they wish.

Some_Guy

HSC
Anyone see Ledger on Leno? He was jumping and twitching in his seat the whole time like he was really nervous or on drugs or something. Hilariously painful to watch.

nwatts

HSC
Lil Miss Karly said:
So what? I said I had a contradicting opinion. Theres not one right way to view a movie - everyone can interpret it how they wish.
No, no. You're just too postmodern for your own good.

imperfection

HSC
I'm seeing this movie for the 5th time on the weekend, lol. I don't know what it is, but I just love everything about it. Didn't find it slow or boring at all.

There are so many subtleties that make this film even more wonderful when you notice them, and I don't think anyone could have handled it better than Ang Lee. I mean, did anyone notice how Ennis switched the shirts at the end, as if he's now protecting Jack somehow? And when Ennis is bathing and Jack is peeling the potatoes you can see Jack swallow and grit his teeth because he's trying so hard not to look, something you just don't see the first time around.

I love movies where you keep noticing small details the more you see them.

Dr_Doom

HSC
I just saw the trailer and even that seemed slow lol...

So what's the storyline? 2 guys go up in the mountain then return with some broken backs?

nwatts

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
I just saw the trailer and even that seemed slow lol...

So what's the storyline? 2 guys go up in the mountain then return with some broken backs?
Yeah and a social commentary on how gay sex leads to chriopractic issues in later life.

becm88

HSC
ok i saw it today n i have to agree it doesnt have a very strong storyline and it drags on heaps. n the gay scenes are so gross and wrong its quite discusting. i personally didnt like it

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Its on DVD now
worth seeing?

I've heard mixed reviews from everyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)