broken social scene/stars tour (2 Viewers)

HSC
bazookajoe said:
But BSS, WOW is all I can say. Infuckingcredible. They got on at like, 10:18 maybe (10:15 planned start) then said "this is our last song" at about 11:50 (scheduled end time was 11:45) and they just never left the stage. Finally at half past twelve (30 MINUTE ENCORE) they said be safe and left.
fuck man, that's not fair! they started at 10.45 here and the venue decided to kick them off by midnight, kevin drew cracked the shits and was like "well there's still a whole bunch of songs we would LIKE to play, but this fucking shithouse place is kicking us out, so destroy some shit on the way out if you could" .. like they didn't get to play lover's spit or anthems or any of that fun shit. but they were still awesomeeeeeeee and orgasmic. although amy millan seemed to be so fucked up on something that she could barely sing any of feist's part of 7/4 shoreline, it was fairly lolworthy.

but yeah, speaking of amy millan, stars were fucking incredible. i'd even go so far as to say better than bss. seriously man that band has some amazing charisma, especially when the two sing together .. they played a lot of stuff off set yourself on fire (your ex-lover is dead was the hugest singalong, it was fucking great) .. but yeah, one of the best bands i have ever seen. and as unattractive and crackwhorish as i generally find amy millan, she was actually pretty damn hot. and so is kevin drew. i'm rambling. bss and stars for $40, shit yeah.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Feist was really awesome and cool and hawt :eek:
Crowd banter was not as good as Kevin Drew and the BSS guys though, although she was still kinda funny.
Everybody loved 1234 obviously, but Sealion was the highlight for me :eek: :eek:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
katietheskatie said:
fuck man, that's not fair! they started at 10.45 here and the venue decided to kick them off by midnight, kevin drew cracked the shits and was like "well there's still a whole bunch of songs we would LIKE to play, but this fucking shithouse place is kicking us out, so destroy some shit on the way out if you could" .. like they didn't get to play lover's spit or anthems or any of that fun shit. but they were still awesomeeeeeeee and orgasmic. although amy millan seemed to be so fucked up on something that she could barely sing any of feist's part of 7/4 shoreline, it was fairly lolworthy.

but yeah, speaking of amy millan, stars were fucking incredible. i'd even go so far as to say better than bss. seriously man that band has some amazing charisma, especially when the two sing together .. they played a lot of stuff off set yourself on fire (your ex-lover is dead was the hugest singalong, it was fucking great) .. but yeah, one of the best bands i have ever seen. and as unattractive and crackwhorish as i generally find amy millan, she was actually pretty damn hot. and so is kevin drew. i'm rambling. bss and stars for $40, shit yeah.

:wave:

cum on katie in our dreams
we can live our misbehaviour

all.time.fiend

WANT SOME FRIES
HSC
katietheskatie said:

fucking brisbane fucking lucky cunts for getting them both. oh well consecutive performances at laneway will do.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Meh, unlucky brisbane for not getting more BSS goodness. Plus we got Feist at BSS so winnar r us.

Ok, so Feist. The lighting was really really bad again (it was terrible at BSS as well) but other than that it was really really great. Oh, except the stupid overhead stuff was kinda distracting and pointless. Except for during The Park and Sea Lion which were both kinda cool. Crowd was not full of fuckwits, which is always a big plus at quiet gigs. Support was pretty bad again lol, but it's not like I was there for them. 1 2 3 4, Sea Lion and Mushaboom were bestest :eek:

Setlist:
Safe And Secure
When I Was A Young Girl
So Sorry
My Moon My Man
The Park
Limit To Your Love
I Feel It All
How My Heart Behaves
Honey Honey
Fucked Up Kid (Kevin Drew cover)
Open Window (Sarah Harmer cover)
Gatekeeper
Brandy Alexander
Inside And Out (Bee Gees cover)
The Water
1 2 3 4
Mushaboom

Encore:
Intuition
Sea Lion Woman
Let It Die

HSC
there was like hardly any bss/stars/feist interaction at laneway .. amy millan was dancing like a drunken train around the stage during bss, and came out for like one feist song .. but srsly you'd think having 2/3 of the bss chicks in the one place they'd at least do one song lol

HSC
oh and stars opened their laneway set with set yourself on fire, which is my favourite song of theirs, so i was like exploding with happiness and like five feet away from them

and bss played it's all gonna break which was fucking insanely awesome

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah they finished with It's All Gonna Break at Manning, it was incredible. I wish Emily Haines would have randomly come out and done Anthems For a 17 Year Old Girl :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)