BS question (1 Viewer)

ris08

HSC
if a teacher says "demonstrate the level of your business analytical skills" for a business studies examination, what would they mean and what exactly would I have to study?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Demonstrating the level of your business analytical skills is more of a general statement in that it does not target any specific concept, but rather your overall approach to answering questions, and the resulting quality of your responses, which reflects the effectiveness of your approach. Depending on the topic(s) that your exam will cover, you will merely have to prepare for it by ensuring that you have a thorough knowledge of the content as well as the syllabus dot points, with the latter allowing you to not only correctly determine the concept(s) that you need to emphasise in your response to a particular question, but also take less time to do so. You may also need to familiarise yourself with case study material, provided this is required for your exam.

In applying an effective approach that demonstrates an appropriate level of business analytical skills, we can examine the following short answer style question, which targets the Nature of business topic:

"Explain the growth stage of the business life cycle."
Looking at the question, you can quickly identify the key word "Explain", which requires you to relate cause and effect, as well as establish relationships between relevant elements. The question targets the growth stage of the business life cycle. This concept would therefore be the main focus of your answer.

I hope this helps! 😄

ris08

HSC
Hi thanks so much!
I also forgot to mention that it is an entrance examination for business studies and i have been told by others that it would be questions answering about stimulus and stressed the 'writing part of it'.
How could I study for this?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi thanks so much!
I also forgot to mention that it is an entrance examination for business studies and i have been told by others that it would be questions answering about stimulus and stressed the 'writing part of it'.
How could I study for this?
No worries!

Since this is an entrance exam, does that imply that you are in year 10? Your HSC year says 2024 and that made me think that you are in year 11. Regardless, to answer your question, it would be a good idea to have a look at the syllabus document for Business Studies so that you can get an idea of the type of concepts explored in the Preliminary course.

Are you expected to know some Business Studies content for this entrance exam? If so, it would be a good idea to access a textbook and/or a set of notes and familiarise yourself with basic concepts. Subsequently, you can attempt exam-style questions (which can be from past exam papers), allowing you to assess your knowledge and answer quality. If not, you can safely disregard this (unless you wish to start learning the content early on your own).

In Business Studies, stimulus questions (which can be short answer or report questions) essentially require you to provide responses based on information that constitutes particular business scenarios, and doing so by applying your knowledge of relevant Business Studies concepts. In doing so, it is important that, for the "writing part", you correctly identify the concepts that need to be covered as well as establish strong links between those concepts and the scenario with respect to the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)