Bsc/Bed USYD or UNSW (1 Viewer)

Boonyak

HSC
Hey guys i want to pursue a career in high school mathematics teaching. But I am having trouble deciding which course to select as my first preference.

B Education / B Science ( UNSW ) 4 Years Full - Time
B Science (Secondary: Mathematics)/ B Education (USYD) 5 Years Full - Time

I know that Going to Sydney and doing a 5 year course would mean a higher starting salary but this dosnt concern me. My questions are.

Which University will give me better Job Prospects ?
Why is USYD 5 Years and What is the Benefit of Doing it at USYD does it give me more qualifications or is it just more difficult ?
How much work experience will i get in each university ?

In general which university do you recommend please no biased opinions and provide reasons help is highly appreciated. And please speak from personal Experience.

Thanks

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
If you do a B Education / B Science ( UNSW ) then it's still 5 years because you have to do post-grad in Dip Ed or Masters. I'm doing this degree at the moment at UNSW so it's hard not to be biased. I like the atmosphere at UNSW. I don't know about USYD but you do about 80 days of work placement in the degree at UNSW. Job prospects depend more on what sector you go into, public or private.

HSC
Uni Grad
If you do a B Education / B Science ( UNSW ) then it's still 5 years because you have to do post-grad in Dip Ed or Masters. I'm doing this degree at the moment at UNSW so it's hard not to be biased. I like the atmosphere at UNSW. I don't know about USYD but you do about 80 days of work placement in the degree at UNSW. Job prospects depend more on what sector you go into, public or private.
oh damn they bumped the standards *sigh*

Iruka

HSC
N/A
No, they haven't. You do not need to do a dip ed after doing the BSc BEd at UNSW. Check with the institute of teachers if you want to be sure. They have a list of approved initial education courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)