BSc IT Talk (1 Viewer)

Mystique1

HSC
Anyone doing this course 1st or 2nd year that has MSN?
Would like a chat about what its like and such =]

Thanks ~

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
im suprised no one has replied from uts, i do IT but at uow soo not sure if i can help...

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I used to do IT at UTS and am now working. You are welcome to talk to me if you want.

jonaxiang

HSC
I'm wondering how one lecture in the core subjects can go for 3 hrs! i was seriously wtf'ing when i saw that on my timetable. Can anyone from previous years give me general idea of what gets spoken to in one lecture?

jonaxiang

HSC
yep. They have a lecture and a seminar for that subject which are both 3 hrs long! Whats the difference?

HSC
Has anyone chosen a seminar for Communication for IT Professional?

Mine says they are all full -_-

jonaxiang

HSC
Has anyone chosen a seminar for Communication for IT Professional?

Mine says they are all full -_-
Hey Don't Worry about that cause we get allocated the seminar when we are in the lectures. If you have read on the description column; all of those classes would say "Students will be allocated to seminars in week 1.". I'll most likely get the Wed 9.00am one lol. That's 6 hrs worth of lecture/seminar in one day :(

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
sounds like a very boring subject..

back in the day, the subject was only done by those who failed an english test.

hujikolp

HSC
it does sound pretty boring.. 3 hour lecture.. gahh

I'm doing BIT, but i think we have heaps of the same subjects

jonaxiang

HSC
Geez I'm having trouble understanding the Web Enrollment for subjects in My student Admin. For "Enrollment: planned Subjects" tab; there is this area called "Listed below are the options you can choose from for your study plan. ".

It has Option 1: CBK90781- Major Choice (IT), Ver 1 48 pts
Option 2: CBK90782 - 48cp Major/2 sub-majors/Electi, Ver 1 48 pts
Option 3: MAJ03445 - Internetworking Applns Major, Ver 1
12 pts

I had no clue what to do so i just chose option 1. Can anyhow help me out what they each mean?..I'm planning on doing business info systems major atm and maybe perhaps doing internetworking as a double major if i'm unsucessful in transferring to business/IT :(

hujikolp

HSC
i dunno how to help.. thankgod set subjects in BIT.. they basically did the enrolment thing for us..

didn't you go into uts to enrol? because they had heaps of people to help you..

jonaxiang

HSC
i dunno how to help.. thankgod set subjects in BIT.. they basically did the enrolment thing for us..

didn't you go into uts to enrol? because they had heaps of people to help you..
Yeah i did, but at the time i just clicked on the first one option cause it was the only one that made sense for me. Oh wells, I can always fix it come spring semester...

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
Geez I'm having trouble understanding the Web Enrollment for subjects in My student Admin. For "Enrollment: planned Subjects" tab; there is this area called "Listed below are the options you can choose from for your study plan. ".

It has Option 1: CBK90781- Major Choice (IT), Ver 1 48 pts
Option 2: CBK90782 - 48cp Major/2 sub-majors/Electi, Ver 1 48 pts
Option 3: MAJ03445 - Internetworking Applns Major, Ver 1
12 pts

I had no clue what to do so i just chose option 1. Can anyhow help me out what they each mean?..I'm planning on doing business info systems major atm and maybe perhaps doing internetworking as a double major if i'm unsucessful in transferring to business/IT :(

Option 1: Your major
Option 2: Your other major OR sub-majors OR electives
Option 3: The electives for your particular major

They should probably call them something other than "option", because it makes it look like you can only choose one of the three. However, you'll choose all three of these options, then specify what you want to do in each of them. Obviously, you only have a choice out of 4 in option 1, and probably about 5 in option 3, but in option 2, you'll have hundreds (seriously).

So yeah, just go through the Option - > continue process for all three options until you've planned out all of your subjects.

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
I'm wondering how one lecture in the core subjects can go for 3 hrs! i was seriously wtf'ing when i saw that on my timetable. Can anyone from previous years give me general idea of what gets spoken to in one lecture?
From memory, you only have 3 lectures. They'll be either group presentations or general course overview. In the first or second lecture, you'll have to write a mini-essay to decide what seminar you'll be put into.

Seminars are a lot different. They're like a 3 hour tutorial. You go in, practice writing skills, read papers on computer ethics (yeah... you'll focus on ethics a lot) and focus on skills that are supposed to help you better communicate. It's actually a lot like English.

If they haven't changed to course dramatically since last year, you'll have two essays, an individual presentation on a current IT-related news article and a group presentation on an IT career of your choosing (by that, I mean, out of maybe 12 careers).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)