BSc means UNEMPLOYMENT, true or false? (1 Viewer)

HSC
science/law did you say before?

it'd be okay, but don't you need prerequisite knowledge - year 12 legal or something?

plus, i can't lie.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Dont think any courses have prereqs, theres just assumed knowledge. At any rate scab a textbook off a friend when you finish the hsc and knock yourself out, I know 2 guys doing med cramming chem and bio. (For the record theres no assumed knowledge for law).

Aiming for combined law just for the sake of it would be a waste of 2 years of your life, just do a BSc(Hons) or BAdvSc.

HSC
m.incognito said:
^ engineering is where all the fugly guys hang.
^ parents don't want me to do law, they want pharmacy/medicine.
1. are you that shallow that you don't want to do engineering just because 'ugly' guys do it?
2. since when does anyone do something just to please your parents? you must be asian. you do something because it's what you want to do. don't do something to make someone else happy because you will just be miserable

HSC
parramattitude said:
1. are you that shallow that you don't want to do engineering just because 'ugly' guys do it?
2. since when does anyone do something just to please your parents? you must be asian. you do something because it's what you want to do. don't do something to make someone else happy because you will just be miserable
1. yes. university is all about hooking in. duh.
2. CLAP CLAP. well noted. no i wouldn't mind doing pharmacy/medicine.

HSC
actually uni ISN'T about 'hooking in'
you are the most shallow person on the whole planet if you think that is the case.
uni is about meeting new people, challenging yourself and giving yourself the best possible education for your future

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
parramattitude said:
actually uni ISN'T about 'hooking in'
you are the most shallow person on the whole planet if you think that is the case.
uni is about meeting new people, challenging yourself and giving yourself the best possible education for your future
uni is about meeting new HOT people, challenging yourself TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM and giving yourself the best possible PARTNER for your future AS A TROPHY WIFE

juggernaut

HSC
do a bachelor of applied science (exercise and sports science) yoyo exercise physiologists in demand yoyoyoy

or do the combined degree with nutrition, in the end your a certified exercise physiologist AND a dietician (5 years)

or do either one, attempt transfer to physiotherapy after 1st year OR at the end of completion of the degree via the master of physiotherapy method (2 years extended study and your a qualified physio)

pretty win in any of these scenarios if u ask me

jannny

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
uni is about meeting new HOT people, challenging yourself TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM and giving yourself the best possible PARTNER for your future AS A TROPHY WIFE
what a horny cunt.

as everyone said, I suggest combined science. e.g. science/comm if ur worried abt jobs.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
juggernaut said:
do a bachelor of applied science (exercise and sports science) yoyo exercise physiologists in demand yoyoyoy

or do the combined degree with nutrition, in the end your a certified exercise physiologist AND a dietician (5 years)

or do either one, attempt transfer to physiotherapy after 1st year OR at the end of completion of the degree via the master of physiotherapy method (2 years extended study and your a qualified physio)

pretty win in any of these scenarios if u ask me
listen to what this guy says

coz he's the JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
An arts degree is about meeting new HOT people, challenging yourself TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM and giving yourself the best possible PARTNER for your future AS A TROPHY WIFE
typo.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
bassistx said:
Anyone with a degree will almost certainly get a job, doesn't matter what it is (the degree, I mean). UTS says over 80% of people who study science get a job.
No comment about the 80% statistic, but what kind of jobs were they referring to? You do not want to spend 3 years completing a BSc and only to find yourself stacking shelves at KMart. A straight BSc is not a degree that specifically qualifies you for anything in particular.

A BSc (Hons), on the other hand, makes a huge difference. Generally speaking, completing honours will open up job opportunities in your chosen major(s), although not much else.

Another point worth making is that a BSc (or BA, or most other bachelor degrees) completed with stellar marks (HD and D) may open some job opportunities in consultancy or government positions. But these positions are usually more about what kind of marks you have, rather than what bachelors degree you have.

Survivor39 said:
For those not interested in a PhD, a science degree with first class honours will get you a job as a research assistant at a good lab/hospital.
Generally speaking RAs have a relatively low ceiling for advancement and salary. The only real way to advance in science is to complete a PhD and then it's off to do a postdoc or two, then generally a career in university academia/research or in the private sector, both of which are great careers but hard to find in a competitive field.

I am speaking in relation to, say, a BComm graduate who is immediately eligible to apply for a job in a Big Four or any other number of reputable financial firms and then rise through the ranks to a very high paying job over the years (higher than a most PhD graduates would make after the same period of time, after spending so many more years as a student).

Or say, a BA graduate with a political science major who could go into government and advance up the ladder without the kind of academic restrictions that a BSc graduate would have (ie. an RA who cannot advance without first completing a PhD).

The same goes for BEng graduates, LLB graduates, BArch etc.

doink

Clone
HSC
Only 50% of the guys in engo are fugly, but thats cool for me since they never approach the girls anyway, met some hot ones @ o-day.

HSC
chucknthem said:
Originally Posted by Captain Gh3y
An arts degree is about meeting new HOT people, challenging yourself TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM and giving yourself the best possible PARTNER for your future AS A TROPHY WIFE
typo.
lol!!!

doink said:
Only 50% of the guys in engo are fugly, but thats cool for me since they never approach the girls anyway, met some hot ones @ o-day.
i stand corrected, but what type of engineering was this?

RogueAcademic said:
A BSc (Hons), on the other hand, makes a huge difference. Generally speaking, completing honours will open up job opportunities in your chosen major(s), although not much else.

Another point worth making is that a BSc (or BA, or most other bachelor degrees) completed with stellar marks (HD and D) may open some job opportunities in consultancy or government positions. But these positions are usually more about what kind of marks you have, rather than what bachelors degree you have.
yeah... that seems okay. i think i might finish my BSc, do honors (an extra year?) and then go digging for a job :)

thank you!

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
If you major in a quantitative discipline (maths, physics, etc) there'll be job opportunities all over the place.

webby234

HSC
N/A
Bobness said:
No.

You should ask webby. Hi webby :wave:
Hi Bob :wave:

Captain Gh3y said:
nah she likes soft sciences like bilology which don't get you anywhere
Typo.

m.incognito said:
yeah... that seems okay. i think i might finish my BSc, do honors (an extra year?) and then go digging for a job :)
Sounds like a good plan. Come to usyd :uhhuh:

boris2003

HSC
m.incognito said:
Is there any way I can do a double degree of like pharmacy/science... is that even possible? Don't they overlap?

re above posts:
^ I can't leave CHHS, too late now.
^ engineering is where all the fugly guys hang.
^ parents don't want me to do law, they want pharmacy/medicine.
^ I will ask David.
^ the other things suggested don't really appeal to me.
Engineering is not just for guys you know, if that was the case i wouldn't have 4 of my female relatives either in the process of completing it or are in the industry.

Pharmacy will get you employment for sure and a descent paid first job, but you will need to do further study if you want to succeed in that field.

About the UTS webiste 80% getting employment. Maybe. But you have to ask yourself where? Are they being employed in their related field jobs, or are they being employed in Coles/Woolworths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)