• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bsc or Bsc (adv) ? (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There are flexibility issues between the two, such as UNSW making GenEds compulsory, and second majors harder etc.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
withoutaface said:
Templar, aero means you get KC Wong in later years. Have fun with that.
In that case, back to mech (biomed). Or even just science.

nit

HSC
just go to usyd if you don't make unsw med...BSc(Adv) is a good, flexible, worthwhile degree as a lead-in to med. It fits nicely with med.

nit

HSC
Yeh that's what I thought about the med place security thing, which influenced my move back to UNSW. But then I realised that you need to sacrifice things to get where you want to, and I was prepared to put lose the security to pursue research as well to become the doctor I wanted to be.

Btw why are you interested in SSP so much? It's just a little extension to the adv courses. SSP doesn't get special scaling afaik. But you get bonus marks through maths SSP, and Chem SSP has a better prac marking scheme. In general, most of the top people are in SSP so it doesn't really need the scaling for its students to excel.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeh, with ur adv sci that opens up more avenues for research, however it'd make a big difference if i feel that i actually have a place, rather than working very hard for 3 yrs to try to attain that place. Its all personal pref i suppose.

Edit: Because i was reading up on it, and didnt find that much info on it so i was curious. Plus the usyd science site is down for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)