• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bsci/Arts (1 Viewer)

Ritaann

UNSW here I come... late
HSC
Gr me and my uncertainty ...

This degree is now appealing to me due to its flexibility -- anyone currently doing this double degree and would like to mention a few pros and cons? and perhaps which majors/minors your doing at present ?

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I do the B.AS. Slightly different. We have 24cp compulsory units - 12cp legal studies, 12cp economics and business subjects. It's kind of sucky, but it means we don't have to do maths like in the B.Sci/Arts. I also only have to do one major. Pro - I can do whatever the hell I want and choose whatever. Con - It's new so it's hard to get help on the degree, they lied when they said we'd get it done in 3 years instead of 5 (unless you want to overload consistently for your entire degree), and there's no direction, so unless you know what you want to do...it's hard to make subject choices...

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ignore the above, because the BAS is a completely different degree programme.

Degree: BSc, BA

Pros: After three years you may drop the BA if you so choose given that you are required to fulfill the requirements for the BSc over the first three years of the five year programme.

Cons: It's a degree for generalists (this may well be a pro for some/most, but at the moment I consider it to be more of a con than a pro).

If you have any other questions, just ask (bar those relating to majors and units taken, because I will not respond to any questions of this nature). Try and be as specific as possible, please.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)