bsci or hlthsci (1 Viewer)

euphoric

HSC
i've just recieved my late round offer to bscience at usyd.
i've enrolled to b health science at usyd.

which is more preferable if i want to do dentistry?? :confused:
bsci or bhlthsci??

alien

HSC
look at the units in dentistry and choose the course that offers the most of those so you can transfer and wipe time off dentistry

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
If you're doing grad dentistry, it makes no difference although BSc is slightly better for that.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i doesnt make much difference. Look at the classes you will take in both degrees and see which you think you could get better marks in, based on which interests you more. Both wil give you a good backing for dentistry, so do whichever you think you will enjoy more.

Jezzabelle

basically your undergrad degree has to meet the GPA cut off (distinction avg) and the rest relies strongly on your GAMSAT marks and interview.

Its better i think to do a health science, so that you are prepared for all areas of the GAMSAT... I B Science will make you go well in the basic science area but not so well in the humanities/communication parts.

You only need yr12 physics, 1st yr bio and chem for great scores in the science section of GAMSAT, and a B health science meets these requirments no worries. As well as giving you the clinical and human interaction experience you wont get in B science

thats just my personal deliberation, and why i am doing an undergrad health science.
the end.

euphoric

HSC
thanks for that,
i've decided on Bsci and enrolled todays.
figured it gives me more options, although the thought of doing math is ..><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)