• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BScIT/DippIT (1 Viewer)

dayalaman

HSC
hey people

i m quite new to this forum well i m doingmy first semester in UTS --BScIT/DippIT...
as i m an international student i started this semester

well i really dont have any idea how much this degree will help me in my futurre job prospective etc....i got thru software engg...but took this...coz i was more interested in IT and like the work experience part in the 4 years of my study...

well wat i wud really like to know in that how recognizedis degree in Sydney and the world prob... and how good is the job experience (Dipp) part of the whole degre... wat are future job prospectives...
also a little comparison with other uniz...

also the sub major thing...

i liked these 3 ...soft engg...IT management and....computer graphics and animation...

what do u think is the more demanding in the industry these days...
computer graphics and animation is interesting...but i really want to no the demand of these ... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

PS: i would really like to feel as if i m doing a really nice degree from a nice uni and i should be proud doing dat !!!???...being in a different country u really wanna feel that you are doing d rite thing
PSS: I made my first game here in OOPS try downloading it and playing it http://geocities.com/alaapunit/SAGPv2.zip ...temme how it is

fatmuscle

HSC
if you're fully into programming, S/W is the way to go.

IT Management is a good subject, but if you don't like lots of writing, and get bored easily, it's not for you. You do learn a lot in the IT Management subjects, as it will reflect what the working world is like

CG - is fun :) I don't know much, but from what i've heard, it's fun to use the CG progs. Contains a bit of programming.

Industrial training - I found this VERY helpful. Working for a year is a very good experience in learning what to expect later on.
If you get into a good company that doesn't treat you like a baby, you do learn HEAPS and take up some responsibilities. (Which you can apply to your IT Management subjects if you take up that sub-major)

dayalaman

HSC
Cg

hey thanks for the reply

and additional questiona

what do u think are the demands for CG, Soft Eng and IT man(i really m not d Man guy after what u said)

CG specially...what are the demands at work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)