BT and 0B/s (1 Viewer)

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I'm using Azureus and lately, I've had some BT files get a 0B/s download rate.
For example right now, a file I'm attempting to get is 98.3% done, has 8(97) seeds, 71(593) peers yet is downloading at 0B/s but still uploading at 9.4kb/s?
The smilie face on the left is green as well, it's very annoying when the file could be done in about 20 mins if there was just anything being transferred.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
A related question from me on BT.

im using Bit Tornado and the light always appears yellow. I only get speeds of 5-15kb/s despite having a cable connection.

I disabled Winodws Firewall, and changed my Router settings to let through the BT ports. However this only lifted the speed by about 4-5kb/s

I know its a problem with BT not crediting me for my uploads (and therefore increasing download speed)

Any other solutions? My friends regulary get speeds 50kb/s + on the same torrents.

ReaveR

HSC
RCMasterAA said:
For example right now, a file I'm attempting to get is 98.3% done, has 8(97) seeds, 71(593) peers yet is downloading at 0B/s but still uploading at 9.4kb/s?
The smilie face on the left is green as well, it's very annoying when the file could be done in about 20 mins if there was just anything being transferred.
It might be that Az is seeing the last bits of data as 'bad' data and discarding it. Go look and see how much data is being discarded...not sure how to fix this though, you can try turing this feature off but then the file in the end might not work..

Deus said:
A related question from me on BT.

im using Bit Tornado and the light always appears yellow. I only get speeds of 5-15kb/s despite having a cable connection.

I disabled Winodws Firewall, and changed my Router settings to let through the BT ports. However this only lifted the speed by about 4-5kb/s

I know its a problem with BT not crediting me for my uploads (and therefore increasing download speed)

Any other solutions? My friends regulary get speeds 50kb/s + on the same torrents.
I don't think its a problem of BT not crediting you, especially if you leave it on for longer periods of time. What router do you have? You gotta make sure the DCHP (if you're using it) assigns you the same IP everytime otherwise fowarding is useless as well..

equiski

HSC
I have a problem with Azureus seeing seeds and peers but refusing to connect with them. This just started recently and I haven't changed any settings to prompt the onset of this problem. Other clients are happy to connect.

After trying tonnes of clients (BitLord, BitComet, BitTornado) I am now using an old version of Shadows Experimental BT Client because it downloads shit REALLY FAST.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Reaver: My IP is static.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Give the decentralised tracking option a try, otherwise, just wait

ReaveR

HSC
Deus: Try plugging your computer straight to the modem...if it goes green and works really fast then you know the ports aren't fowarded. Or you could use Azureus to test for you, and I remember finding a website that could test if ports were fowarded too.

What router do you have?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well i downloaded the Azureus client and my speed immediately shot up tp 70kb/s

I have no idea why it didnt work on the other two clients i tried (the orginal Bittorrent, and Bit Tornado) The light is green in Azureus as well. I tried it again in Bit tornado and there the light is yellow and i still get 5-10kb/s........

wierd.

ReaveR

HSC
In the original, and Tornado, you might have left the 'Randomise listening ports' tickbox checked, hence making any ports you specified in program irrelevant. It's about the only reason I can think of.

ReaveR

HSC
Yeah it's probably discarding what it thinks is bad data. What's it at now, 99%?

ReaveR

HSC
Are your Java and Azureus up to date? You could try that I guess.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
98.3% would indicate that there's nobody with the other 1.7% of the file, and that the torrent's dead. I've had it happen to me on 99.6% before.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
Welcome to peer-to-peer sharing. Just be patient.

ReaveR

HSC
withoutaface said:
98.3% would indicate that there's nobody with the other 1.7% of the file, and that the torrent's dead. I've had it happen to me on 99.6% before.
He says he's connected to eight or so people with the complete copy, and that he's downloaded approx 750 megs out of 730. Torrent doesn't appear to be dead with 97 seeds and 593 peers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)