Burning out? Truth Or Myth? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yes, you can burn out. And contrary to what khorne has said - no matter how smart you are - it is possible to burn out. :p

It's just how you deal with it that differentiates students.

enoilgam

HSC
Yes, you can burn out. And contrary to what khorne has said - no matter how smart you are - it is possible to burn out. :p

Very true

enoilgam

HSC
How do you deal with it?
I think he means it depends on how you deal with the stress and pressure which comes from the work as well as how you maintain motivation. Burnout is pretty much a sudden loss in motivation.

delian

HSC
N/A
It happens all the time, mainly because people dont know how to pace themseleves. The HSC isnt a sprint, its more of a marathon. Most people go hard at the begining and fizzle out towards the most critical part of the year when your doing your trials and then the final exams.
I agree- I began Yr12 putting in heaps of effort, but my motivation waned a bit towards the end.
I definitely recommend pacing yourself.

Bobbo1

HSC

True, how you deal with it varies from student to student and it's up to themselves to find something to vent out their HSC stress. This can be anything from sport, gaming, watching tv, hanging out with friends etc etc.

Eg155

HSC
I burnt out last year come SC trails ( I know, only SC, but it mattered to me...). Usually when I looked around the exam room the people whom don't care at all about school had their heads on the desk fiddling with pens; this time I was the one staring blankly at the papers.
Over study = burnt out. At least it happened before prelim :)

inJust

HSC
Ahh, SC. I remember I did no work at all, and somehow came out with band 5's & 6's. Seriously, Idk what happened. I burnt out near the end of prelim, but it was more loss of motivation. So I did no work term 3, yet somehow came out of prelim exams with really good ranks.

So what I plan to do, is near trials and hsc, do no work. And somehow I'll get good marks again. Worked twice, so why not again?

Eg155

HSC
yea, I came out with band 6's in the end of the real SC because I got peeved when my Asian rival suddenly took 1st place for science which I had allll year! :mad: ; it was on -.- (game face).

hmmm that could work seeing as you've got mostly wingable subjects, especially SOR1 lol. But in the HSC are you willing to take the risk ??

inJust

HSC
That's the thing though. It's not really winging if you know your content. Like I get everything, and I've written notes already. But I'm not gonna study/revise notes. Just gonna wing it. Sometimes when you have a fresh empty mind, it's easier to remember the content than if you stress and cram.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)