Burning pics to cd (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
lexie85 said:
yes i realise im a total noob, ten times over

i know the burning process is the same, my problem is organising the pics to be burnt, as in what program do i use, how to organise it with music etc etc
I suppose i'll try to help instead of teasing you over and over again.

You want to simply burn the pics? If you do, simply do the following.

1. Insert a blank CD
  2. Go to My computer, and copy and paste your pics into the blank cd
  3. On the upper left tab (under "CD writing tasks") there'll be something that says "Write these files to CD".
  4. Click on that and follow the instructions of the wizard.
  5. You're done!

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
lexie85 said:
yes i realise im a total noob, ten times over

i know the burning process is the same, my problem is organising the pics to be burnt, as in what program do i use, how to organise it with music etc etc
Hmm...how to organise it with music....

Try a powerpoint presentation, then do the same as the above post except that you burn the powerpoint file instead of the photos.

With powerpoint you can make it so that the music and the photos play together (i think, i've never tried it to be honest). Or you could simply do the same as the above post and play a music file and do a slideshow (windows slideshow) at the same time.

HSC
S1M0 said:
You burn photos the SAME way that you would burn a music cd.

At this rate you would've failed* the SC computing skills test
*failing as in <50%

they don't just want to see pictures on a dvd, they want to have a slideshow with pictures and have music running in the background. or so it seems.

but you burn photos the same way as you would music. look for a "create a data disk" type option if you've been using "create an audio cd" or watever.

i can't answer your question btw, i'm a noob if its about running both pics and music at the same time :eek: my sister used windows movie maker which worked played on media player but that didn't seem to work on dvd, she failed converting it or something? =/

lexie85

HSC
ok i burned powerpoint onto a cd-r using 'deepburner' but it failed to play on a dvd player

S1mo i tried the copy and paste thing but that wont work either

watatank ur right, i want to do music and pics and watch it on a dvd player, i can do that on deepburner but it just wont let me put a certain song in certain places

i tried moviemaker but it wont read my cd drive thus allowing me to burn my made movie onto cd

arghhhhhhhh

i

fatmuscle

HSC
S1M0 said:
I suppose i'll try to help instead of teasing you over and over again.

You want to simply burn the pics? If you do, simply do the following.

1. Insert a blank CD
  2. Go to My computer, and copy and paste your pics into the blank cd
  3. On the upper left tab (under "CD writing tasks") there'll be something that says "Write these files to CD".
  4. Click on that and follow the instructions of the wizard.
  5. You're done!
This is probably the best and easiest way for you at the moment.
The steps above are accurate enough to follow

With music
Powerpoint way:
it's easy to do with music, however you'll need to export it to some type of video format which I don't think i'll bother with...

Movie Maker: again, although it's in a video format, you'll need to make it into a dvd/vcd capable format.

I would stick with the 'just images' burning first.
if you want to test out with music, trial it with a few (5-10) pictures first
it may involve acquiring proper software to do this thing and LOTS of patience to get it how you want it.

lexie85

HSC
ok i've done it with just pics only using deepburner, i did add a music file but that didnt come up on the dvd player

I've tried adding music to powerpoint presentations in the past but thats never worked either, i thik it might have been the file format

i think i need to get nero

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i've got office 07, but it should be pretty similar.
powerpoint:
*put pics in
*rip the track off the cd
*insert > sound > play cd audio track > follow the rest of it
if you dont have the music on cd, then the easiest option would just be to put the track(s) on the cd and play it separately (the music needs to be there anyway i'm pretty sure)

then just burn the ppt & track(s) onto cd
*insert blank cd
*use the program you dl'd to burn the files (easiest option)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I'm lovin Microsoft Office 2007!
I especially like the SmartArt within Word.

You can download a free trial of Microsoft Office 2007 via the Microsoft website.

Great intructions btw alby. I checked it out, and it works great.

lexie85

HSC
fatmuscle said:
how are you progressing with this?
i've done a data cd already but im using nero now and trying to put pics and audio on, its still pretty confusing especially since the 'help' files are much too basic

anyone else use nero ?

fatmuscle

HSC
7 Premium?

if you really want to convert to a video file, and have a powerpoint done already
i'm happy to convert it for you.

lexie85

HSC
fatmuscle said:
7 Premium?

if you really want to convert to a video file, and have a powerpoint done already
i'm happy to convert it for you.
Yeah 7 premium, i couldnt get the songs and pics to play together

thanks for the really nice offer but using imagemixer i created an excellent vcd where i got the songs n pics going together woohoo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)