BURNT OUT AFTER ONE INTERNAL EXAM (1 Viewer)

sappho22

HSC
have been studying pretty hard for this assessment period, partly because ive got a good streak going with my marks (avg atm is 95% between all subjects, also i go to a top 20 school with hard material) but have done an engadv essay task and now my brain feels like its about to pour out my ear. what do i doooooooooo i have another test tomorrow and the next dayyyy!!!

kystal

HSC
give yourself 5 min breaks for every 25 mins of working

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Unfortunately, the dates of your exams are things that you cannot control. However, what you can control is the way you respond to the pressure caused by having to sit exams on consecutive days, i.e. your readiness for each exam. There are some things that you can do in order to ensure that you are prepared for your exams, not only in terms of your knowledge of the content but also in terms of being physically capable of sitting your exams. Of course, the Pomodoro Technique (as suggested by kystal above) may be useful in terms of maximising your efficiency while studying (not only in terms of revising for your upcoming exams but also regarding any future exams) and is therefore something that you may wish to consider if you have not previously tried this study technique.

Expanding on the notion of being physically capable of sitting your exams, it is important to ensure that you get enough sleep each day and limit your usage of electronic devices (especially if you are fully prepared for your upcoming exams). Doing so will benefit you as you will gain a higher ability to focus during the exam (through a good sleep schedule) and you will be less likely to experience exhaustion and/or stress after completing an exam as you carefully monitor the time you spend using an electronic device.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)